Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   And how are you feeling? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7815)

Medusa 08-13-2019 02:10 PM

I'm feeling ready to start back on my to-do list for the Planet again :)

MaddieRobbie 08-13-2019 03:06 PM

Like I want to drink a bottle of champagne in a bubble bath.

Orema 08-14-2019 12:02 PM

Good. My wrist is healing really well. Had a relapse from trying to lift something too heavy, but other than that things are good. Didn't get any keloids, thank goodness, and the scar blends in well with my dark skin. Am still using the CBD salve and I think it's making a difference.

Have gotten most of the feeling back in my thumb and the feeling is improving on the bottom part of my palm where it meets my wrist.

There's some small scar tissue under my skin on one of the tendons. The doctor said he could remove it, but I don't want any more surgery for now.

:pursebee:

kittygrrl 08-14-2019 01:32 PM

kindableh

candy_coated_bitch 08-14-2019 02:40 PM

Nervous and excited.

FireSignFemme 08-14-2019 03:29 PM

Pretty good. The packing is going a lot quicker than I imagined so it looks like I'll be finished tomorrow or the next. Could probably get it all done today if got up and applied myself but I'm just so worn out, no sense pushing any harder when I don't have be out until the 19th of next month.

Bèsame* 08-14-2019 07:12 PM

Burned.

Literally. I was boiling some chicken that was still stuck together, and as I was prying them apart, the scalding water came up and slashed on me. On my white virgin stomach and some on my wrist. I'm watching blisters appear as I type this. Ouchie, to say the least offensive word !

Kenna 08-23-2019 05:12 PM

Worn out. Long day.
Not happy with the dinner I made.
And too worn out to get upset about my new doctor adding 3 daily doses of fast acting insulin to my already one dose of long acting.
I need a nap and cooler weather.

Kätzchen 08-24-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryWine (Post 1025720)
Today, I feel like a million bucks. I'd like to be able to ride this feeling for a while. :D

I love it that you felt like a million bucks, back on the day you posted this post (Nov. 2015).

Today's your birthday, sweet femme friend I know down south, and I hope it's another one of those days that makes you feel like a million bucks.

:balloon:

Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuu, CherryWine :birthday2:

Bèsame* 08-25-2019 12:53 PM

Totally calm today and just a little hungry. It is my regular scheduled lunch time :)

Gemme 08-25-2019 07:12 PM

I feel a tad bit full but the ice cream was worth it. I also feel a bit anxious about my work. I've learned some things that make me wonder if they will close some of our stores. If so, I know I'm okay. I have a larger store that performs well and I manage it well but not everyone is in the same boat and I feel their tension. I'm a bit proponent of transparency and we're not getting that from the top down so the rest of us are getting together and putting together the facts we know and our theories. Bad intel travels fast, unfortunately, and me sitting here, watching One Nation Under Stress probably isn't helping things.

Lyte 08-25-2019 09:04 PM

This morning I remembered how, as a kid, I loved fried potatoes with oregano. So, tonight I made some ... in the oven... not quite as delicious as fried but still yummy. Feeling... nostalgic.

nycfem 08-25-2019 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyte (Post 1251597)
This morning I remembered how, as a kid, I loved fried potatoes with oregano. So, tonight I made some ... in the oven... not quite as delicious as fried but still yummy. Feeling... nostalgic.

My brother and I had a babysitter when we were young who used to make us homemade potato chips after school, and reading what you wrote-- I am wanting to make them sometime! They were soooo good! We would have them while watching television and one day the babysitter said, "What do you say?" - referring to thank you, and my little brother looked up at her so genuinely and said, "I love you." She always teased us about that story when we were older! But I actually think "I love you" is the proper response to someone who makes you homemade potato chips every day!

JDeere 08-25-2019 10:59 PM

Fed up with just about everything.

It may soon be time for a personal week off and go stay with my uncle and his partner in Oklahoma... Get away from all the bullshit.

Lyte 08-26-2019 07:09 PM

Go for it! Homemade chips are the best! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 1251606)
My brother and I had a babysitter when we were young who used to make us homemade potato chips after school, and reading what you wrote-- I am wanting to make them sometime! They were soooo good! We would have them while watching television and one day the babysitter said, "What do you say?" - referring to thank you, and my little brother looked up at her so genuinely and said, "I love you." She always teased us about that story when we were older! But I actually think "I love you" is the proper response to someone who makes you homemade potato chips every day!

RockOn 08-26-2019 07:29 PM

keeping a positive attitude and sense of humor

saw my neurosurgeon for the 2nd time today ... he reviewed the disc I brought for him ... 2 different types of bone scans I had done AUG 9th per his request

he told me he would not touch my back ... said to go through a rigorous bone and mineral building process for a year or year and a half and then "might" be able to do the surgery ... and by the way, I have to have bolts and screws put in there - no way around dodging metal

here is how he described the surgery if he performed the surgery before a year or year and a half and without good results from the bone and mineral building process --- it would be like hanging a 100 pound picture on a cardboard wall ... --->> my spine would collapse

actually, I am handling this news astonishingly well

I go back to see him in 6 months ... meanwhile, tomorrow I will call my primary physician and tell her I need her to take lead, tell me everything I need to do to hit the ground running with this rebuilding ... she is THE BEST and will put my show on the correct road fast

driving home from the u.a.b. kirkland clinic today, I broke up into an insane fit of laughter ... something came to mind that I have not thought of in probably 55 years or so ...

it probably won't be funny to any of you but will tell the story anyway

Here goes:
You know how really young children (3 or 4 years old) can become extremely excited about something and when they start telling you about it ... suddenly all they can say is "and umm and umm and umm" about half a dozen or so times ... well, I used to do that to Charlie (father) when I was 3 and 4 years old ... he would become so agitated this is what he would say to me while I was dancing from one foot to the other and pulling on one of my fingers still doing the "and ums" ...

it is very goofy --->>>

quoting Charlie:
"Meanwhile back at the ranch, Tonto, unaware the Lone Ranger was disguised as a doorknob and shot his knockers off."

I felt like the Lone Ranger today when I left the doctor appointment. I think shock took me to that giddy, uncontrolled laughter. I was not prepared to hear what this doc told me. That is all.

It is all good and I will get this issue worked out eventually. I am positively certain of that! :)

RockOn 08-26-2019 07:37 PM

keeping a positive attitude and sense of humor

saw my neurosurgeon for the 2nd time today ... he reviewed the disc I brought for him ... 2 different types of bone scans I had done AUG 9th per his request

after studying the scans, he told me he would not touch my back ... said to go through a rigorous bone and mineral building process for a year or year and a half and then "might" be able to do the surgery ... and by the way, I have to have bolts and screws put in there - no way around dodging metal

here is how he described the surgery if he performed the surgery before a year or year and a half and without good results from the bone and mineral building process --- it would be like hanging a 100 pound picture on a cardboard wall ... --->> my spine would collapse

actually, I am handling this news astonishingly well

I go back to see him in 6 months ... meanwhile, tomorrow I will call my primary physician and tell her I need her to take lead, tell me everything I need to do to hit the ground running with this rebuilding ... she is THE BEST and will put my show on the correct road fast

driving home from the u.a.b. kirkland clinic today, I broke up into an insane fit of laughter ... something came to mind that I have not thought of in probably 55 years or so ...

I sincerely doubt it will be funny to any of you but will tell the story anyway

Here goes:
You know how really young children (3 or 4 years old) can become extremely excited about something and when they start telling you about it ... suddenly all they can say is "and umm and umm and umm" about half a dozen or so times ... well, I used to do that to Charlie (father) when I was 3 and 4 years old ... he would become so agitated this is what he would say to me while I was dancing from one foot to the other and pulling on one of my fingers still doing the "and ums" ...

it is very goofy --->>>

quoting Charlie:
"Meanwhile back at the ranch, Tonto, unaware the Lone Ranger was disguised as a doorknob and shot his knockers off."

I felt like the Lone Ranger today when I left the doctor appointment. I think shock took me to that giddy, uncontrolled laughter. I was not prepared to hear what this doc told me. That is all.

It is all good and I will get this issue worked out eventually. I am positively certain of that! :)

Gemme 08-26-2019 07:40 PM

I wish you lots of luck with your surgery when it does come around and I know you'll do what you need to do to get your spine prepped for it, RockOn. Take it one step at a time and you'll be right as rain in no time.

I feel sad. I went to Avenue today. My local store's supposed to close on Thursday but the store was already half packed up when I got there and they kept on working as I meandered around. They were only told about 3 weeks ago and they were given a date in late September as a final date and then last week they were told they'd close this Thursday. They likely won't see any severance either. I feel so bad for the sales ladies and I also feel a tinge of comradery with what's going on with my own company. I am also trying to put a contingency plan in effect in case something goes sideways with my work.

Bèsame* 08-26-2019 09:23 PM

Feeling kinda lucky compared to my co workers across the land. We were told 3 weeks ago, about all stores closing, probably, in 5-6 weeks. And 2 weeks ago, we found out about a bankruptcy filing. Talk about not being transparent to the people who work hard everyday to keep the business alive.

Last week, some stores were told they had a week left. My opinion, those rents didn't get paid, and they scrambled to close by the end of the month. I'm going to,add a sister manager to my schedule until I close.

I'm part of a 100 store program that was told we were getting more merchandise. This merch is not ours, I'm guessing it's some thing from a different store that is also liquidating. My store had been running profitable. I have enough foot traffic to sell more until the end of next month, when I bet my rent wont get paid.

Very very Leary about a stay till the end bonus. I have filled out employment apps. And hoping my favorite places call me soon.

So if you have a larger Avenue closer, visit them. On line sales will continue until they deplete their stock levels.

I bet what ever is left, will be showing up in Ross, next! Lol

Orema 08-27-2019 05:32 AM

Tired and I don't want to go to work. Took yesterday off, but that didn't give me the rest I need. I need a vacation. Really haven't taken one this year. Took a week off when I hurt my wrist and day here and there, but nothing significant for the time I put in. I'll talk to my manager this week. Labor day is coming up soon, maybe I can take a week off then, or maybe not.