Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What was the first scary movie you saw? How old were you? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7003)

Glenn 10-23-2013 10:51 AM

What was the first scary movie you saw? How old were you?

About 6. I remember like it was yesterday. "The Crawling Hand" The hand of a dead astronaut returns from the grave to strangle people. After I saw that movie, I must of checked under my bed for at least a month lol.

Cin 10-23-2013 11:09 AM

The War of The Worlds. I was probably about 6 or 7. It didn't scare me at all. But I read Hansel and Gretal and I was terrified for years. It wasn't the witch that did it, it was the cavalier way the parents decided to get rid of their kids. Tricking them into going for a walk in the woods and leaving them there pretty much freaked me out. I regarded my mother and father with suspicion ever after.

easygoingfemme 10-23-2013 11:11 AM

The Exorcist. I think I was about 7 or 8. It didn't bother me too much, but I remember my friend I was watching it with got really freaked out and her parents got mad at us for having it on.

Jar 10-23-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 856665)
About 6. I remember like it was yesterday. "The Crawling Hand" The hand of a dead astronaut returns from the grave to strangle people. After I saw that movie, I must of checked under my bed for at least a month lol.

I was just about to say this! It was my first one too. My little sister watched it with me and I used to tell her it was in her closet. :o

Teddybear 10-23-2013 11:17 AM

I dint the name of it at all but it was about GAINT spider. I'm sure it's why I can't stand spiders now. I think I was 4-5. We still lived in Fla and hadn't move to Alaska yet. Every now and again it's a random not real sure y

Scots_On_The_Rocks 10-23-2013 11:22 AM

Amityville Horror....I was almost 4. My mom was watching it...I had woke up and went into the living room to ask my mom if she would go down the hallway to turn on the bathroom light for me cause I was scared of the dark....before she went to turn the light on...I had already seen enough to scar me for life.

Glenn 10-23-2013 11:25 AM

LOL!

QUOTE=Teddybear;856682]I dint the name of it at all but it was about GAINT spider. I'm sure it's why I can't stand spiders now. I think I was 4-5. We still lived in Fla and hadn't move to Alaska yet. Every now and again it's a random not real sure y[/QUOTE]

Glenn 10-23-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jar (Post 856681)
I was just about to say this! It was my first one too. My little sister watched it with me and I used to tell her it was in her closet. :o

LOL! I bet she could'nt sleep in her bedroom for a month.

Gemme 10-23-2013 11:42 AM

My mom loved horror movies, so I had exposure to them early on. However, one that reeeeally creeped me out and caused me to check and double check the bathroom before entering (the window was mottled like an old Coke bottle and created creepy shadows) and then dash in, do what I had to do, and dash out equally fast was a movie similar to this but scarier:

About that same time, I saw this:

So, there I was, 8 years old and not able to enjoy either the bathroom or the community pool. I took a lot of sink baths in the kitchen for a few months.

:blink:

willow 10-23-2013 11:46 AM

The first scary film I remember seeing was Jaws. I saw it at the pictures with my mother and sister. It scared me half to death! I couldn't even sit down on the toilet to pee without first checking for fins :blush: That was the first time I remember being aware of 'happen music'. DaDumDaDumDaDum..... :scared:

I was 10.

DapperButch 10-23-2013 02:56 PM

I don't remember the first one I saw, but I for sure remember being quite young and watching the Exorcist. My (ex-Catholic) mother had to give my sister and I crosses to wear to bed that night (true story).

Shay McGee 10-23-2013 02:59 PM

I used to creep up past my bed time and peek over the stairs to watch Tales From The Darkside . There was one episode about a woman who turned who turned into a giant spider and ate her victim. I kept having bad dreams about the show, but that didn't stop me . I still was still sneaking around to watch the show regardless of my nightmares.

Rockinonahigh 10-23-2013 03:05 PM

I'm thinking I was about 5yso,it was a movie about dinosarus,the movie house was huge as it had an orcastra(sp) pit,stage plus three balconiees of seats to watch the shows.I remember it being dark,loud with sounds of the dinos,screaming of the actors.I remember hideing behibd the seat and looking over the edge of the seat.I have had a fasionation with dinos every sence,I really dig the old rubber suited Godzilla movies,cheesie as all get out bit love them anyway.T think the name was "land of the Dinosarus" .

EmJay 10-23-2013 03:18 PM

Eye for an eye. I was 6 years old and it made me have nightmares of Keifer Sutherland for YEARS.

Corkey 10-23-2013 03:58 PM

'X the Unknown", "The Day the Earth Stood Still", "The Blob". all before the tender age of 7. Lets just say slimy things freak me the hella out.

dykeumentary 10-23-2013 08:28 PM

Probably around 5 years old I watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on TV while my brothers were off being born or something.
That child-catcher guy with his nose and his net and that wagon?
My blood still runs cold and I'm feeling fear NOW even thinking of that character.
Who's the sicko who'd put that character in a children's movie???
FFS!!

PoeticSilence 10-23-2013 08:47 PM

I would guess, that there were two shows I could easily name. But one was called Day of the Triffids, the film was made in 1962, but I watched it in '66, the year my grandfather died. In fact, that's HOW I watched it, all the adults were putting up the food neighbors had sent and all of that sort of horseshit, and I was watching television and it came on. The premise is that everyone on earth goes blind, and these plant things that look like thorny shrubs, came from a meteor or something and kill people. Noises like the ice cream man truck would draw their attention and they could get in houses and everywhere. I remember thinking about all the shrubs in my life, like behind the house, along the side of the house, boxing in one of my neighbors yards, the shrubs I passed on the way to church, and how ALL of these could be dangerous killers. I don't know if my parents realized I had watched that show, but having reseen it a few years ago now, I realize my little brain wasn't understanding the ending or really a lot about the movie, just the scarey ideals of it. That show would haunt me for years, especially when we delivered papers early in the morning in the wealthier neighborhoods LINED with tall boxy (and often thorny) shrubs.

Medusa 10-23-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoeticSilence (Post 856852)
I would guess, that there were two shows I could easily name. But one was called Day of the Triffids, the film was made in 1962, but I watched it in '66, the year my grandfather died. In fact, that's HOW I watched it, all the adults were putting up the food neighbors had sent and all of that sort of horseshit, and I was watching television and it came on. The premise is that everyone on earth goes blind, and these plant things that look like thorny shrubs, came from a meteor or something and kill people. Noises like the ice cream man truck would draw their attention and they could get in houses and everywhere. I remember thinking about all the shrubs in my life, like behind the house, along the side of the house, boxing in one of my neighbors yards, the shrubs I passed on the way to church, and how ALL of these could be dangerous killers. I don't know if my parents realized I had watched that show, but having reseen it a few years ago now, I realize my little brain wasn't understanding the ending or really a lot about the movie, just the scarey ideals of it. That show would haunt me for years, especially when we delivered papers early in the morning in the wealthier neighborhoods LINED with tall boxy (and often thorny) shrubs.

That book was creepy as shit too!!!

dykeumentary 10-23-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoeticSilence (Post 856852)
I would guess, that there were two shows I could easily name. But one was called Day of the Triffids, the film was made in 1962, but I watched it in '66, the year my grandfather died. In fact, that's HOW I watched it, all the adults were putting up the food neighbors had sent and all of that sort of horseshit, and I was watching television and it came on. The premise is that everyone on earth goes blind, and these plant things that look like thorny shrubs, came from a meteor or something and kill people. Noises like the ice cream man truck would draw their attention and they could get in houses and everywhere. .

Argh! Did you have to remind me of that movie! Terrifying to little me!
*unsubscribing from this thread!!!!*

cara 10-23-2013 09:16 PM

First scary movie was Poltergeist. I was in first grade.

I don't watch many scary movies now. Haven't even seen famous scary films like the one where the little girl is possessed (name escapes me at the moment) or the Nightmare on Elm Street series. I don't mind suspense fims (Argo had my stomach in knots!), but I really don't like being terrified or grossed out.