Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Chat window size: comments? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3298)

Linus 05-26-2011 08:03 PM

Chat window size: comments?

Hey everyone,

Ok. So I adjusted the chat window (1400 x 900) but it may be too big. I'm open to suggestions/comments from chatters about the sizing (avatars and icons are a different discussion as I want to nail down a size that works for everyone first before we add decorations to chat -- so to speak).

WolfyOne 05-26-2011 08:05 PM

Here I thought it was my computer that enlarged it because of my recent updates
Personally, I don't like it this large, but that just me

Linus 05-26-2011 08:07 PM

Too high or too wide?

I just adjusted it to 1000 (high) x 750 (wide)

princessbelle 05-26-2011 08:07 PM

It was bigger than i could see. I mean i couldn't see it all on my screen.

I did the floaty thing though and it was fine.

Linus 05-26-2011 08:08 PM

The floating version of the chat is better than the "standard" chat (IMO).

WolfyOne 05-26-2011 08:10 PM

The width is way too big and the height is just a little too big

Gaige 05-26-2011 08:12 PM

This isn't window size related but it is related to the chat. I'm not able to pull up profiles from the names list. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Linus 05-26-2011 08:18 PM

Ok.. I think I've found a temp middle ground at 900x650. I'd like to see how that is for a bit and get more comments from others before making more changes. :)

Linus 05-26-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handsome Devil (Post 346790)
This isn't window size related but it is related to the chat. I'm not able to pull up profiles from the names list. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

That's another thread. ;) and ya... that's a forum URL issue. one of our little bugs with this chat mod..

All you need to do is put the word forum between the two // marks in the URL that pops up:

www.butchfemmeplanet.com//addonchat_func.php?

Gaige 05-26-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 346797)
That's another thread. ;) and ya... that's a forum URL issue. one of our little bugs with this chat mod..

All you need to do is put the word forum between the two // marks in the URL that pops up:

www.butchfemmeplanet.com//addonchat_func.php?

Thanks. You rock.

Strappie 05-26-2011 08:26 PM

Hey Linus,

I wondering if there is a "size for font's" When I click on the magnifying + it the font gets bigger however.. it skips a couple sizes.. it to me is either too small or too big... there is no middle ground after like the 3 or 4th click of it.

so either I need some major reading glasses or I miss half the things that are said or when someone types something it takes like 3 lines to do so. lol ok maybe it's not that bad.. lol

And honestly those Icons are so annoying they are WAY to big. Maybe it's just me but I cant stand them. Maybe take a poll or something and go to standard sized Icons??

Linus 05-26-2011 08:29 PM

That's supposed to be a separate thread... :P

As for fonts, in the chat program itself you can change the font size down or up as needed. I believe we default to 14 so putting it to 12 should be ok (don't use the browser's feature to increase font size).

and I will have a separate thread for the icons later.. I promise.

Strappie 05-26-2011 08:45 PM

Sweet, Thanks Linus!!

Strappie 05-26-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 346795)
Ok.. I think I've found a temp middle ground at 900x650. I'd like to see how that is for a bit and get more comments from others before making more changes. :)

Looks good to me!!

pajama 10-09-2011 07:04 PM

Ok this is probably supposed to be in a seperate thread too *tee hee*.

I can't ever see who's in chat it always takes me to an error window. I'm using Explorer. Then tonight when I tried to go into chat it sent me to the same error window so I had to enter chat in "float" mode. I don't know if it was the float mode or what, but my chat window is so tall that I can't see the bottom of the postings nor can I see my chat box to enter text to actually....well....chat.

Help Linus. :)

Inuus 10-09-2011 07:26 PM

pajara2 I'm having the same problem. Cant even get to the box to enter my text to chat

Linus 10-09-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pajara2 (Post 434611)
Ok this is probably supposed to be in a seperate thread too *tee hee*.

I can't ever see who's in chat it always takes me to an error window. I'm using Explorer. Then tonight when I tried to go into chat it sent me to the same error window so I had to enter chat in "float" mode. I don't know if it was the float mode or what, but my chat window is so tall that I can't see the bottom of the postings nor can I see my chat box to enter text to actually....well....chat.

Help Linus. :)

This error usually appears when you try to see who's in chat from the front page. Go into the forums themselves and then select Chat Room --> Who's in Chat. This issue is a bug and we've notified the developer but have yet to see a solution.

Linus 10-09-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inuus (Post 434627)
pajara2 I'm having the same problem. Cant even get to the box to enter my text to chat

See my response to pajara2 except choose Chat Room or Float Chat Room.

Medusa 10-09-2011 10:12 PM

You guys can also click the icon in the upper left hand corner that says "Chat room" and it takes you directly in. :)

ButchKnight 01-19-2012 12:09 AM

accessing chat

I am able to access the chat room and says success signing in than connection server lost please help