Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virginia Forums (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Hello Virginia Roll Call (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579)

Sachita 12-26-2009 09:22 PM

Hello Virginia Roll Call

No one has posted yet so I figured I'd start something. Anyone from Virginia?

I'm in southern va close to the NC state line just outside Danville.

How about you?

OS Butch 03-04-2011 11:25 PM

Well, well, well....Lokks like there are only 2 of us in the good Ole Commonwealth of Virginia......That certainly isn't even close to 1 in 10....I wonder.....:byebye:

Sachita 03-05-2011 05:27 AM

nawwww there's more but for some reason not posting here.

OS Butch 03-14-2011 08:26 PM

I will be driving through Virginia in late March. I am traveling back from Dallas, Tx back to Washington DC. I will be traveling on I81, Bristol, to I66 home. I make a bunch of stops so, if anyone wants to join me for coffee along my route, let me know.

OSB

moxie 03-18-2011 07:52 PM

Hi everyone.
Over the summer, I will be moving to the Whitesburg, KY area for work and thought I would check and see if there was anyone from VA that would be close by. I will be less than 20 miles from Pound, VA and less than 45 from Big Stone Gap, VA. I don't know anyone in the area and have only been there once but was 60 miles north (still in the mountains).

Anyone?

1PlayfulFemme 03-18-2011 08:05 PM

*Waving* *Pointing to map* Count me in! I'm close to the TN boarder, but my address reads VA! :)

OS Butch 03-27-2011 09:02 PM

I am heading home tomorrow. I will be leaving Tennessee on I40 to I81 to I66. I will be stopping along the way for coffee and food. Anyone along my route is welcome to join me.

OSB

moxie 08-17-2011 08:36 PM

Here I am posting again like 5 months later. I am in SE KY, about 9 miles from the VA border and the closest somewhat large town is Wise/Norton...about 20 miles from my house. Is anyone from around those parts in VA? I keep meaning to make it down the past few weekends so I can do some decent shopping but the weird torrential downpours and the flooding have kept me from doing so.
I would love to get together with anyone if they are in the area. I know no one here in the area and it's hard to make friends outside of work around here as everyone already knows everyone else and there aren't places to go.

I am just mumbling on, so...if you are in the area I'd be more than happy to meet for coffee or lunch or something.

christie 08-17-2011 09:17 PM

We are right at 3.5 hours from you in the SW portion of VA.

Right now, my work schedule is such that I only have about 48 hours at home so that kinda trip is outta range. Perhaps when work lightens a bit, we can plan something.

I know what it feels like to try and make friends in a small town. Next to impossible where we live, but I am happy to report there are two other b/f couples who frequent our lil wally world!

Inked_Trinity 08-18-2011 04:27 AM

Oh Oh...... I'm in! Manassas here!

christie 08-18-2011 07:26 AM

Hiya Inked!

I actually work in Richmond during the week. Jess does come up, at times, so we can go out to a nice dinner or catch up with friends (Jess was a Richmonder for 20 years or so).

Maybe next time she is in town, we can plan something. I've lived in VA for a little over 5 years now and making new friends, at this age, has proved to be challenging.

Sachita 08-18-2011 08:13 AM

I actually see quite a few queers in Martinsville and Danville. I'm not sure if they are all dialed into BF or not but they are certainly there.

Lee and I enjoy meeting new people. We are not so much into the bar scene tho. Hy has been pushing me to go shoot pool but I don't do well around a bunch of rednecks. I'd like to find a place tho.

OS Butch 08-18-2011 08:42 AM

I will be heading that way in October, on my way to Little Rock and final destination Texas. It is always nice to meet folks on the road. I hate eating all by myself, would be great to meet ya'll along my route on I81.

christie 08-22-2011 06:48 PM

I just booked our hotel for part of labor day weekend - Hillsville, VA has a flea mkt that weekend and the whole friggin town is nothing but! Jess made a funny that they call it "Junk a Palooza".

I am kinda stoked! I may say differently after the one day we have planned!

http://www.hillsville.com/fmarket.htm

Kenna 08-22-2011 07:33 PM

I'm a Shenandoah Valley Redneck Hillbilly *said very fondly and affectionately*. I went on to further my education in Lynchburg and started college at Blue Ridge Community College in Weyers Cave. I'd love to see the Lynchburg area again. I have family connections in the Dayton, Vienna, Fairfax, Alexandria, Culpeper, Chesapeak, Portsmouth areas. ...and Glen Burnie MD. Skyline Drive is my ole' stomping grounds. I've had the honor and privilege to visit with Christie and Jess several times. I might be asking Jess to show me how to get around Richmond without getting lost.
I hope to be making a couple trips up that way very soon to see family and friends. I think I have all the exits along I81 memorized. Claytor Lake (below Roanoke on I81) would be a nice place to organize an East Coast get-together in the future. Or Maymont in Richmond. It's so very beautiful there!

Kenna 08-22-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christie0918 (Post 403388)
I just booked our hotel for part of labor day weekend - Hillsville, VA has a flea mkt that weekend and the whole friggin town is nothing but! Jess made a funny that they call it "Junk a Palooza".

I am kinda stoked! I may say differently after the one day we have planned!

http://www.hillsville.com/fmarket.htm

Hey! I know Hillsville! a little anyway... they have some BEAUTIFUL model cabin homes I've been meaning to stop in for an "ooo and ahhhh" wishful-thinking trip.

cuddlyfemme 08-23-2011 05:16 AM

Can I be an honoary Virginian??? I lived there all my life till I moved to SC a year ago. I miss Virginia!!!!

OS Butch 08-23-2011 02:59 PM

Ok Virginians! Everyone ok?It was a scary, bottles and my glass collection shaking, but everyone thing is ok here.

Inked_Trinity 08-23-2011 03:01 PM

Had stuff flying off the walls in my office but no damage to speak of in Leesburg. I'm wondering what it's like in Manassas where I live? Guess I'll find out when I head home in 30 minutes.

OS Butch 08-23-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inked_Trinity (Post 403990)
Had stuff flying off the walls in my office but no damage to speak of in Leesburg. I'm wondering what it's like in Manassas where I live? Guess I'll find out when I head home in 30 minutes.

I hope everything is ok on the home front.