Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you reading? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1589)

homoe 04-08-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1200433)
A cantankerous curmudgeon who's lost his wife and job, both of 40 some odd years and want nothing more than to end his, a horrible crippling accident on a dream vacation, a cat on the verge of its demise after nearly freezing to death, a young gay lad being turned out by his father after revealing his lifestyle, government attempted intervention to separate a wife from her husband and place him in a facility for those suffering from Alhemizers, and an ending which one might assume you'd be in tears over.. could actually be one of the most uplifting books I've read in ages!

I highly recommend A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. One of the best books I've read in some time!!!!

Today I helped Mary with the huge project of going through her books! We came across an extra used copy of this and are more than willing to send it to a good home! Please let me know if you're interested. First come first served!

cricket26 04-20-2018 08:54 AM

i enjoyed this book as well, and was very surprised i did not cry more (the cat part made me cry) so i was very happy when i found his next book on audible

https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1...l/27406704.jpg

homoe 04-20-2018 09:36 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...qSTX3t0N4JkhIW

I read this shortly after A Man Called Ove. I liked it, but it might not be everyone's cup of tea!

Breathless 04-20-2018 02:52 PM

Just finished John Grisham "The Chamber" and now on to Margaret Atwood "Alias Grace"... and all these great reviews on "The Girl Who Wrote in Silk.. I have downloaded that one for next read.

bright_arrow 04-20-2018 04:58 PM

Rite of Wrongs by Mica Stone

homoe 04-26-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathless (Post 1207094)
Just finished John Grisham "The Chamber" and now on to Margaret Atwood "Alias Grace"... and all these great reviews on "The Girl Who Wrote in Silk.. I have downloaded that one for next read.

You will NOT be disappointed in The Girl Who Wrote in Silk! It was a fantastic read...:hangloose:

homoe 04-26-2018 04:51 PM

Just finished Leonard Cohen: A Remarkable Life
by Anthony Reynolds. If you're a Cohen fan or even if you're not you will enjoy this most interesting book.

Next I am starting Chasing Hillary: Ten Years, Two Presidential Campaigns, and One Intact Glass Ceiling
Book by Amy Chozick

homoe 05-02-2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1207820)
by Anthony Reynolds. If you're a Cohen fan or even if you're not you will enjoy this most interesting book.

Next I am starting Chasing Hillary: Ten Years, Two Presidential Campaigns, and One Intact Glass Ceiling
Book by Amy Chozick

I enjoyed Chasing Hillary.........:hangloose:

It includes some of the author's problematic issues dealing with fellow co-workers (men) who were less than welcoming and some issues of male's behavior in Hillary's campaign camp.

homoe 05-02-2018 10:10 PM

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry.........Gabrielle Zevin

I am on page 156 and although I'm enjoying this book immensely, it's a book about books and a book seller, it's nothing like I was expecting! :glasses:

homoe 05-04-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1209022)
I enjoyed Chasing Hillary.........:hangloose:

It includes some of the author's problematic issues dealing with fellow co-workers (men) who were less than welcoming and some issues of male's behavior in Hillary's campaign camp.

This is a new hardcover book released about a week or so ago and if anyone is interested in it, I'd be willing to pass it along!
My theory has always been books are meant to be shared on sit on dusty bookshelves!
P.S. As always first come first served.

homoe 05-04-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1207820)

Book by Amy Chozick

This is a used (the Cohen book) copy but is in very good condition! If you're interested I'd be happy to send it to a new home as well.

homoe 05-06-2018 07:12 PM

Mary ordered James Comey's A Higher Loyalty so I'm "borrowing" it and scanning it to see if I really want to read it..:glasses:

homoe 05-09-2018 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1209491)
Mary ordered James Comey's A Higher Loyalty so I'm "borrowing" it and scanning it to see if I really want to read it..:glasses:

I've decided to read it! I haven't gotten to any of the Trump stuff which is fine. The beginning deals with mafia kingpins and the whole Martha Stewart episode.

Fancy 05-09-2018 06:33 AM

Stretching Lessons by Sue Bender

I stumbled across her book Everyday Sacred months ago and decided to try out more of her musings.

homoe 05-12-2018 08:44 AM

I'm out of reading material.:glasses: .....any suggestions?

akiza 05-12-2018 09:10 AM

The lost souls of dutch island by John Connolly

Kätzchen 05-12-2018 09:51 AM

I'm keeping it simple and light.... I've mostly just read posts on the boards, by member's in our community, or news articles. Mostly here, though.

PlatinumPearl 05-12-2018 11:37 AM

Reading

Entrepreneurial You, Dorie Clark. :awww::heartbeat:

homoe 05-12-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kätzchen (Post 1210276)
I'm keeping it simple and light.... I've mostly just read posts on the boards, by member's in our community, or news articles. Mostly here, though.

Oh darn, I was sort of depending on you for a recommendation!

Kätzchen 05-12-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1210298)
Oh darn, I was sort of depending on you for a recommendation!

Hopefully, someone will post about an book they have read, or will read soon, that might catch your interest....... :flowers: