Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poly Relationships (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Poly-friendly mingling/flirting thread (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4975)

aishah 05-02-2012 02:50 PM

Poly-friendly mingling/flirting thread

i felt a bit awkward posting in the singles forums as i'm not single, but i am available/open to possibilities. so i thought it might be fun to have a thread for folks who are poly and available, or who are interested in dating poly people (you don't have to be polyamorous yourself) to come and chat, flirt, get to know each other, etc. :)

(f)

TenderKnight 05-02-2012 03:05 PM

Cool thread :) I am poly myself, but am currently "single".. Though I do have a close and deal friend/playmate that has been in my life for over 3 years and will continue to be part of my life.

I do have a comment regarding the "don't have to be poly yourself".. I have found that dating folks that are not poly usually leads to hurt feelings on all sides.. Mainly because the "non-poly" may try to be "ok" with it but in reality may think that if he or she works hard enough, eventually the poly person with choose to be monogamous.. This is just my thought and experience..

Saying that :) I think that this is a great thread and I look forward to seeing where it goes :)

-Tony

aishah 05-02-2012 04:19 PM

yay! i'm glad you're here, tony. :)

i've dated a few monogamous people - one of my current partners feels very strongly about being monogamous because that's just who he is, but he's very accepting of the fact that i'm poly. and i've mostly had good experiences. i tend to be pretty open to dating anyone as long as they're accepting of the fact that i'm poly...i don't care if they choose to be or not. but i agree that for some people it can definitely be an issue. thankfully i've been lucky in that regard :)

pajama 05-02-2012 04:56 PM

Hi y'all.

I'm poly simply because I know I can't be monogamous. Regretably a lesson I had to learn while hurting some very dear, wonderful, people.

Right now I'm single, in a holding pattern. I'm up for flirting at ALL times. ;)

aishah 05-02-2012 09:05 PM

flirting is fun! it's odd...i haven't really ever flirted or dated that much, so i'm kind of a newbie. most of my relationships have been with people i was friends with for a long time before. there are definitely perks to that, but i think it would be fun to date and flirt more :)

Apocalipstic 05-02-2012 09:33 PM

For a number of reasons, I think being polyamorous makes sense. So many horrible things happen in our lives under the excuse of jealousy and its accepted.

I do love to flirt! :)

WingsOnFire 05-02-2012 09:40 PM

I am polyamerous.. and not single.. and not really looking.. lol.... but I thought this was a cool thread and just wanted to say hi! Its nice to get to know like minded people..

Aishah.. you actually inspire me with your posts.. :)

Rockinonahigh 05-02-2012 11:18 PM

Cool thread and fantastic subject,today while I was playing pool this subject came up in the group I was shooting pool with.I do admit I dont know many polly couples but on one hand it seems doable if all parties are on the same page cause I dont see how it would work otherwise.I will be reading and learning.

Soft*Silver 05-02-2012 11:31 PM

I was always adamantly opposed to being poly for myself, but so much has changed with me this past year. I know I could be. I dont know if now is a good time to be, since i am so busy with the store opening (delayed now until June) but I wouldnt be opposed to it if chrissy was open to it as well

pajama 05-03-2012 05:46 AM

Aishah, you have two professional flirters on here * ;) to Apoc* We will teach you the fine art that is the coquet. And if you make it to Reunion...which you should...you will see it in action.

What some people don't understand is that flirting isn't just BS or blowing smoke. When I tell a woman she's beautiful, it's because I truly mean it. Or that her smile warms my heart...it's not just cliche, it really does turn my heart. On the flip side, in the flirt, if someone isn't attractive to me, I still try to find a feature in them that I admire and focus on it to flirt with. Because I would venture that a little flirting makes most of us smile.

So lesson 1- Be honest when you are flirting/complimenting.

:)
Have a great day.

Apocalipstic 05-03-2012 08:39 AM

Laughing!

Yeah, when I saw we had a flirting newbie I thought how perfect we have 2 of the biggest flirts I know here ready to help. 'Cause we are generous like that. *high five to Paj*.

Come to the reunion!!!!

Linus 05-03-2012 11:01 AM

Heh.. K and I have always been open to having another, ideally a couple but I think our biggest challenge right now is exhaustion from work. I'd love to flirt but I'd be afraid of falling asleep..

aishah 05-03-2012 11:35 AM

hehehehehe, thanks apocalipstic and pajara!

i compliment people a lot (honestly) but i never thought of it as flirting before. my eyes have been opened! ;)

Apocalipstic 05-03-2012 12:49 PM

I think compliments can be very flirty, as can a look of pure admiration! A sideways glance....a touch on the arm when talking. An unexpected whistle....

Thank you June! We work our little fingers to be bone to express admiration for the beauty and hotness around us. :) :cigar2:

And I totally get what you are saying. It would be nice to have someone around to do the things we don't want to or are not good at. Each person can play to their strengths.

Like I don't ever want to be in a position where I am cheated on or yelled at or told what to do ever again.

If I am not putting out enough? No prob, see your other GF.
I want to spend Christmas at the beach? again, no prob take your other GF to your parents for family time.
You don't like how I fold towels??
How I squeeze my toothpaste?
What I watch on TV?
What way the toilet paper goes on? and other BS you can think of...not a problem, because you have other relationships in your life who might enjoy your toothpate tube issues...live with them.
Want to dish out passive aggressive whining?....thats right, call someone else.

See Me when you want to spend special time with and serve Me. Heh. :rrose:

PoeticWitch 05-03-2012 01:13 PM

*mingle mingle* Jellos I am poly and currently involved, not looking to add but always up for flirting and fun! I think this was the best idea of the century!

pajama 05-03-2012 04:03 PM

Apoc.... I ADORE you! Your post had me chuckling. I love the way you write. :D

And June.. *wiping tear* I am touched that you notice. Thank you. Thank you so much.

Oh and flirting can also be totally over the top. That's when I'm really shy about it. If I'm laying it on really hot and heavy....it's usually 'cause I really like you and am too shy to say it. That's right... I can be shy around certain types of people. Mostly the guys. (I was going to insert a blushing emoticon here....but apparently we don't have one. Unless your a POC.)

A

Linus 05-03-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pajara (Post 577423)
Apoc.... I ADORE you! Your post had me chuckling. I love the way you write. :D

And June.. *wiping tear* I am touched that you notice. Thank you. Thank you so much.

Oh and flirting can also be totally over the top. That's when I'm really shy about it. If I'm laying it on really hot and heavy....it's usually 'cause I really like you and am too shy to say it. That's right... I can be shy around certain types of people. Mostly the guys. (I was going to insert a blushing emoticon here....but apparently we don't have one. Unless your a POC.)

A

We do now. :blush: I kept forgetting to add it.

Apocalipstic 05-03-2012 04:28 PM

Ahhh Pajara, you hot fucker! Thank you!!!!! :fastdraq:

I'm either shy, or not. It can depend on how much alcohol I have consumed, and with trying to drinless less or not at all usually, my flirting has lessened. Give me a couple of drinks and I am a flirt machine!

What say we all get in a big pile and make out???? :danglecarrot:

pajama 05-03-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocalipstic (Post 577433)
Ahhh Pajara, you hot fucker! Thank you!!!!! :fastdraq:

I'm either shy, or not. It can depend on how much alcohol I have consumed, and with trying to drinless less or not at all usually, my flirting has lessened. Give me a couple of drinks and I am a flirt machine!

What say we all get in a big pile and make out???? :danglecarrot:

Oh and such a scrumptious little carrot you are. mmmm