Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Words Games, Quizzes, Etc. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Quiz - Who would you talk to from history? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6386)

meridiantoo 03-05-2013 01:24 AM

Quiz - Who would you talk to from history?

This is a recycled chat topic and one I couldn't find in the forum, so here goes...

If you could meet 3 people from history, who would they be and why? What would you ask them, discuss with them?

My choices would be:

1) Jesus - I would ask him why God allows people to suffer so.

2) Socrates - I would ask him everything!

3) Shakespeare- I would ask him to dinner and want to know his perspective on the human heart/soul.

In that order

AmazonWoman1 03-05-2013 01:38 AM

Who Id like to talk to

Buddha

Da Vinci

Jesus-I so want to know if he existed.lol

Luv 03-05-2013 02:12 AM

1 - Jesus - cause Im pre-trib and want the info ! 2 - Abraham Lincoln - just to be able to talk to this man would be awsome !l 3- Elvis Presley...I just wanna know why :(

Kobi 03-05-2013 05:34 AM

Elizabeth Cady Stanton - the radical thinking activist with an unparalled vision for and of women. Just want to hear her ideas first hand and her strategies for achieving them.

Albert Einstein - I suck at science. But, I like philosophy and he was very philosophical. I would want to discuss his understanding and thoughts on human nature and life, and what influenced him to think this way.

George Washington - to discuss the principles and values behind what this nation was intended to be and the safeguards that were put in place to stop humans from straying from them.

Laidbackgrly 03-05-2013 06:59 AM

If i could

Lucille Ball- She makes the world laff lords knows what we would talk about its Lucy?

Amelia Earhart- I think she WAS GAY

:canoworms:

Patrick Swayzy-Tell him I miss his acting its sad really he was so young.

Jean_TX 03-05-2013 07:22 AM

Lao-Tze (a key figure in Taoism)

Leonardo DaVinci

Thomas Edison

Sweet Bliss 03-31-2013 08:52 PM

Joan of Arc

Cleopatra

Mae West

Ascot 03-31-2013 09:07 PM

1. Dorothy Parker-scathing beyond compare and positively brilliant.

2. Eleanor Roosevelt-such a humanist and forward thinking

3. Edward Hopper-one of my favorite painters, what the man could do with light and shadow can almost make me weep. His depictions of small glimpses of life, offices at night, breathtaking New England 'scapes, I love it all.

Kätzchen 04-21-2013 03:34 PM

Carl Sagan - I don't know that I'd ever get to meet him in person, but I would love to have attended one of his guest lecture presentations and listened to his latest ideas on scientific matters pertinent to the human condition.

Chezlaw Milosz - I would like to have attended some of the classes he taught, to hear his personal narrative as it related to subjects studied. I've read his literature for quite sometime now and usually find myself immersed deeply while reading literature authored by him.

Eleanor Roosevelt - To have a cup of tea with her and talk about things that mattered most to her. To explore her perspective and take on what she might think of social issues on today's social dilemmas and what might prove useful, as a remedy - an agent of healing, for all.

Rockinonahigh 04-21-2013 03:50 PM

My first choice would be Jesus because I would like to know his thoughts on how so many have taken his teachings then used them in so many ways he never intended for them to be used and what he would do if he could do anything about it.

Buddha,about the path to inner peace wich I never quite manage to find.

Mae West...her take on life was fantastic.

RNguy 04-21-2013 03:50 PM

what a guy

Nostradamus- wow I'd love to have his brain
Jesus- answers to my unanswered questions
Einstein- I dig his hair :)

No reason for this order to be honest

Sweet Bliss 05-13-2013 10:05 AM

Mother Teresa

Judy Garland

Ben Franklin

thedivahrrrself 05-13-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meridiantoo (Post 761764)
This is a recycled chat topic and one I couldn't find in the forum, so here goes...

If you could meet 3 people from history, who would they be and why? What would you ask them, discuss with them?

My choices would be:

1) Jesus - I would ask him why God allows people to suffer so.

2) Socrates - I would ask him everything!

3) Shakespeare- I would ask him to dinner and want to know his perspective on the human heart/soul.

In that order

Correction: Socrates would ask YOU everything! LOL

~baby~doll~ 05-13-2013 11:17 AM

Anais Nin
i would sit at her feet waiting upon her precious words.

~
“You don't find love, it finds you. It's got a little bit to do with destiny, fate, and what's written in the stars.”
Anaļs Nin

Michelangelo
Watching his hands flow over the marble must be like watching lovers from a distant corner.

Janis Joplin So on edge. i would love to hear her sing again and speaking with her would be a privilege.

Daktari 05-13-2013 02:38 PM

Freddie Mercury
Kurt Cobain
Michael Hutchence

Dorothy Parker
Gertrude Stein & Alice B. Toklas
Vita Sackville West

de Sade
Lord Byron
Mary Shelley

Annie Oakley
Gypsy Rose Lee
Betty Page

Caravaggio
Reubens
Johannes Vermeer

Siren's Song 08-03-2013 01:33 AM

Frida and Diego together.

Carmen Amaya

Pablo Neruda

Hafiz

PoeticSilence 08-03-2013 02:41 AM

Pablo Neruda for sure..
Nelson Mandela
Marc Chagall
Marco Polo (or) Jacques Costeau (or) Herodotus

Smiling 11-11-2013 09:02 AM

An incomplete list not in any particular order of importance....

1. Buddha
2. Jesus Christ
3. Gandhi
4. Mad King Ludwig of Bavaria
5. Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, John Lennon
6. Sitting Bull
7. Anne Frank
8. Mengele (not to imply that I have any admiration for that psychopath, of course; but to try to gain some sense of what the hell was going on in his mind).
9. Lao Tzu
10. Confucius
11. Nostradamus
12. Mary Magdalene

Virago 11-11-2013 10:55 AM

Joan of Arc
Mary Queen of Scots and Queen Elizabeth
Edison

and I am also there with Dorothy Parker, at the Algonquin Round Table. So much quick and intelligent wit "She ran the gamut of emotions from A to B"

CherylNYC 11-11-2013 02:18 PM

In no particular order:

Virginia Woolf. What a mind!

Johann Sebastian Bach. I wouldn't even care whether or not he said anything interesting. I would just want to bask in his presence.

Hildegarde von Bingen. An unsurpassed mystic and polymath who in the 11th century ruled Belgium, wrote astonishingly beautiful music including a wonderfully convincingly work about the superiority of women, and had girlfriends.

Louis Sullivan, as long as he was sober.

Alma Mahler. She had Gustav Mahler, Oskar Kokoshka, Walter Gropius, and Franz Werfel. 'Nuff said.

Michelangelo and DaVinci together, as long as no young boys were present.

Emma Stebbins. The first woman to get a major sculpture commission in the U.S., and leader of the, (ahem), Rome Amazons, a community of expat American women sculptors based just outside Rome in the 1850s. I want to meet any historic women who biographers describe as having an 'unconventional lifestyle'.