Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Louisiana Forums (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Loving Louisiana (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61)

Arwen 11-03-2009 10:53 PM

Loving Louisiana

So are you from Louisiana? Live there? Visit there? Have family there? Let's talk!

I'm a Ouachita Parish gal myself but now live in Austin, TX.

Rockinonahigh 12-09-2009 12:11 PM

Hey girl,whats up with U??? Things are much the same hear at home,just cold,My fur kids are loveing the fact its NOT raining today and are running otside haveing a ball...
This weekend im going to Nacotioches ( I live hear and never could spell it) to see tha lights then hang with some buds for a bit,I know there will be tons of peeps all over the place but I try to go once in a while.Last year we went to Marshal Tex to see the lights..impressive.
Rockin

Arwen 12-09-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh (Post 18814)
Hey girl,whats up with U??? Things are much the same hear at home,just cold,My fur kids are loveing the fact its NOT raining today and are running otside haveing a ball...
This weekend im going to Nacotioches ( I live hear and never could spell it) to see tha lights then hang with some buds for a bit,I know there will be tons of peeps all over the place but I try to go once in a while.Last year we went to Marshal Tex to see the lights..impressive.
Rockin

Well hey there, sugar! I'm doing really well. Loving Austin tons. :) It's cold here too. Just got up to 40! I loved going to see the lights in Natchitoches (had to memorize it in high school but still get it confused with Nacodogches! And I'm sure that's misspelled. hee.

When are you coming this way?

Rockinonahigh 12-09-2009 12:39 PM

I would love to come sooner than later,but I have some caterings to get done for the hollidays..then there is mardi gras.I can smell king cakes for days after its over.Thank goodness I can work for myself cause of this crampy back..be glad when me and the doc figure out the best plan to make it better,pinched nerves/sciatica..ouch!!
Rockin

Cowboi 12-09-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwen (Post 352)
So are you from Louisiana? Live there? Visit there? Have family there? Let's talk!

I'm a Ouachita Parish gal myself but now live in Austin, TX.

Haven't I seen you around some where????? LMAO

Cowboi 12-09-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwen (Post 18819)

Well hey there, sugar! I'm doing really well. Loving Austin tons. :) It's cold here too. Just got up to 40! I loved going to see the lights in Natchitoches (had to memorize it in high school but still get it confused with Nacodogches! And I'm sure that's misspelled. hee.

When are you coming this way?

The Cowboi got really drunk in Natchitoches last year at the christmas festival! ......
I highly recommend the crown and diet coke!!

Rockinonahigh 12-09-2009 07:57 PM

Hi Cowboi how are ya?What part of he state u from,if ya care to share.Say,have u been watching the NFR on chanell 144 ( satalite) been pretty good so far.
Rockin

Cowboi 12-09-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh (Post 19068)
Hi Cowboi how are ya?What part of he state u from,if ya care to share.Say,have u been watching the NFR on chanell 144 ( satalite) been pretty good so far.
Rockin

Hiya Rockin.. I am from Monroe...just down I20 from sport.
Yes I have been watchin the finals! Watchin Lee Graves kick sum butt!!!

Rockinonahigh 12-09-2009 10:54 PM

Cowboi
Yeah he's kickin butt alright,it airs at 12:30am tonight,not shure im gonna be up so late.One thing for shure the cowboys/cowgirls are makeing more money than I ever did when I ran the curit,leat that can make a liveing for the most part..sponsers..we never herd of them when I was rideing,yep those were the days.Say if u r ever over this way give a holla we will shoot some pool.
Rockin

Arwen 12-09-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowboi (Post 19066)
Haven't I seen you around some where????? LMAO

Hmmm... maybe. Let me think about it a few. Maybe over :pizza: and :beer: in a small restaurant?

Hi honey! When are you coming to Austin? :mistletoe:

Rockinonahigh 12-09-2009 11:21 PM

Hey Arwen,Cowboi
maybe one of these days we can get to gether somehow or other...just an idea.
Rockin

Arwen 12-09-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh (Post 19185)
Hey Arwen,Cowboi
Rockin

Just say the word. If I can get the time off, I would LOVE to see you both. :) Cowboi is a dear friend who I get together with when I'm in Louisiana. I think you two would get along from what I know of you both. :)

Rockinonahigh 12-10-2009 11:41 AM

Arwen..just give me a day or two notice or just pop by if either of you are in the area..I will pm u my #..I will try not to go total:chef: on yall..love to bake...make good coffee too.
Rockin

Cowboi 12-10-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh (Post 19185)
Hey Arwen,Cowboi
Rockin

Sounds like a plan!!!

Cowboi 12-10-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh (Post 19156)
Cowboi
Yeah he's kickin butt alright,it airs at 12:30am tonight,not shure im gonna be up so late.One thing for shure the cowboys/cowgirls are makeing more money than I ever did when I ran the curit,leat that can make a liveing for the most part..sponsers..we never herd of them when I was rideing,yep those were the days.Say if u r ever over this way give a holla we will shoot some pool.
Rockin

Damn!!! Rodeo comes on late tonight too!!!! I am pissed!

Rockinonahigh 12-10-2009 06:17 PM

Cowboi
I didnt stay up to watch it ,prolly wont tonight either,maybe tomorrow night and over the weekend the start times will be better.Try national finals rodeo.com or nfr.com to find out what happened those addys use to work.
Rockin

Rockinonahigh 12-21-2009 09:41 PM

Hellooooo out there,where everybody at?Gonna light me a bonfire,cook some spicy gumbo,ya'll bring what ever ya want to...got beer for the gents and wine for tha ladies...come round hear now its ....:happyjump: danceing time...merry christmas ya'll.
Rockin

IrishGrrl 12-22-2009 07:56 AM

Hey Ya'll!!

When I was 7 we moved from DC to Louisiana. I grew up in a town called Morgan City. (Most ppl dont know where that is) It's about 30 min's from Houma. (an hour to NO)

I miss the shrimp boats, hearing the trains all night, muggy night air, 5 min summer rainstorms, all the festivals, the food, the people, hurricaine parties,did I mention the food??

Irish
ps. WHO DAT!?

Rockinonahigh 12-22-2009 07:12 PM

Hi Irish,ive been to Morgan city a fue times..u can bet its a ways from Shrevepoprt.Dont worry the food is as good as ever .
Rockin

weatherboi 12-22-2009 08:01 PM

I do love Louisiana!! I love the people and the music!! I have an affinity for boudain on a saltine cracker.