Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What do you do for a living? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8673)

clay 09-30-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullDog (Post 1226613)
Thanks so much Easygoingfemme & Clay! We are very excited. Shy and I had been talking about opening up a thrift store for a while but it seemed more like a dream. Then she found the perfect spot that was for rent and I said let's go for it!

If anyone is ever in the area we would love for you to visit. We are in New Hampshire about an hour from Boston.

YVW, my friends! I will do just that!

Signmypapyrus 10-01-2018 06:02 PM

I took a bit of a break, but am stopping by to say hi.

I teach! Love my kids and where I work.

stonefemme011500 10-03-2018 06:23 AM

Hi! Im an RN that does home care for special needs kids that eat/breath on machines, on 3rd shift😊

Happyfemme 10-14-2018 07:51 PM

I am the Director of Clinical Operations for a mental health agency, and Assistant Director of Field Work and Adjunct for a local college. As the Director of Clinical Operations I supervise the Division Directors, the Director of Data Science, and the Data Analyst. I chair three committees and develop and implement evidence-based practice plans. I analyze the agency data. I report to the Executive Director.

WheatToast 11-04-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylNYC (Post 1224870)
I'm a scenic artist/sculptor. That means that I create scenery for the movies, tv and theatre that you watch. My specialty is in sculpture, so I can be called upon to make anything from an excellent copy of a classical sculpture, or an amalgam of several, to a convincing rock cliff for a stunt which involves pizza loving turtles and their careening vehicle. Faithful reproduction of the historic Copacabana palm trees? I'm your gal. Soft surfaces for stunt people to land on which look exactly like asphalt? Yup. I can do that. The work is hard and our days are long, but usually interesting.

I'm a professional sculptor. I still make my own art sometimes, but I need to set aside chunks of time off to do it. After ten intense hours of producing scenery my creative moment is usually over for the day. I really like what I do, and I'm good at it, but I'm much happier now that I've come to realize something really important about myself and my profession. I have an art career in order to finance my motorcycle adventures. Artists usually finance their art career with some other form of employ, but I'm doing it the other way around. It's weird, but I'm a lot happier now that I understand this important thing about myself.

Hi Cheryl!
I thought about making this a private message, but others may want to know about a new product I've discovered.
Have you heard of or used Thibra?
It's a versatile, thermoplastic sheeting you can turn into anything as long as you have a heat gun.

A friend of mine gave me a sheet to mess with, but I'm waiting for the midterm election results to see if Good Toast or Bad Toast gets to try it out first.:brightbulb:

Check it out!

http://www.thibra.com/

rustedrims 11-04-2018 08:04 PM

I work for a major laundry company. I run the paint booth. We paint with power. Kinda interesting how things are done. Been working for the same company for 35 years. For many years I ran weld machines. I liked doing that. As things change over the years so did my job. I lost it because we were outdated and new models were being made. very physical and easy to get hurt bad if we weren't careful. Now I have a thinking job and not so much physical. I like it and am around good people mostly. The horrible thing about the job is that the paint powder says right on the Barrell that contents may have cancer causing contents. Thing is I breathe that stuff every night and eat it on my ham sandwich. We try to be as careful as we can. Going to try to stick it out and retire in around a year. November 1st is 3 years I have been in that Dept. Yeah it is stupid to stay there.

CherylNYC 11-05-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheatToast (Post 1230605)
Hi Cheryl!
I thought about making this a private message, but others may want to know about a new product I've discovered.
Have you heard of or used Thibra?
It's a versatile, thermoplastic sheeting you can turn into anything as long as you have a heat gun.

A friend of mine gave me a sheet to mess with, but I'm waiting for the midterm election results to see if Good Toast or Bad Toast gets to try it out first.:brightbulb:

Check it out!

http://www.thibra.com/

Ah, yes. I've been using those amazing thermoplastics for specialty pieces. They're wonderful. Thanks for the tip.

tantalizingfemme 11-06-2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme (Post 1224752)
I was a director for many areas like IT, Performance Improvement, Licensure, and Accreditation among other things for 12 years at a Nonprofit. I resigned back in April. Best decision ever. Very toxic environment. I’m currently in graduate school so I can finally do what I’ve always wanted to do. I plan to be back working no later than November. I’m just looking for something now that is a straight 9-5 Monday thru Friday rather than being on call 24/7, even on vacation. I cannot wait to be doing something that I love and not just something I am good at.

Well, November is here and I am starting a new position next week. I will be the Director of Compliance and Risk Management for a non-profit. I have enjoyed my time off but am ready to challenge my brain beyond school.

Lyte 11-06-2018 04:56 PM

Several hats ago... I managed OSHA/safety compliance for this manufacture company. So, I can't help but ask... the company doesn't provide y'all with breathing gear... aka respiratory protection? :blink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustedrims (Post 1230623)
The horrible thing about the job is that the paint powder says right on the Barrell that contents may have cancer causing contents. Thing is I breathe that stuff every night and eat it on my ham sandwich. We try to be as careful as we can. Going to try to stick it out and retire in around a year. November 1st is 3 years I have been in that Dept. Yeah it is stupid to stay there.