Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

nycfem 02-27-2020 09:31 PM

Ugh! I keep losing my post.

Okay, I dry-cooked cabbage, onion and carrot in my wok but I kept having to tilt the heavy wok to the side while cooking it to dump out the excess water created by the vegetables to keep them from being steamed. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Then I added Gochujang sauce which changed my life, thanks to GeorgiaMa'am who repped me with the idea, and now I can make bibimbap at home which is amazing to be able to do, and frankly I like the sauce on everything.

I also had Greek yogurt, strawberries, walnuts, kamut puffs, and cinnamon. Joy!

Stone-Butch 02-27-2020 10:45 PM

Dinner

Med. rare NY strip steak and baked potato loaded.

GeorgiaMa'am 02-28-2020 06:50 PM

- meatloaf
- a very weird spaghetti dish*
- carrots with rosemary
- green beans with almonds
- Hawa'ian rolls

* Dinner came from the deli, and the spaghetti dish looked like a vegetable marinara spaghetti type thing. However, very oddly, the things I thought were zucchini were pickles. Cooked pickles. And the whole mess was very pickle juice-ish.

The rest of dinner was a hit, though.

Stone-Butch 02-28-2020 06:58 PM

Dinner

went out to a fabulous dinner of halibut and chips with my brother and he paid , makes it taste better LOL.

GeorgiaMa'am 02-28-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 1262569)
Then I added Gochujang sauce which changed my life . . . frankly I like the sauce on everything.

Be careful with that stuff, or you'll turn into a hot red pepper! :jester:

FireSignFemme 02-28-2020 07:28 PM

Buttered saltine crackers with very thin slices of Tillamook mild cheddar cheese and piping hot Herb Ox instant chicken bouillon. I can dip the crackers in the bouillon to soften them, and because the bouillon is so hot it slightly melts the cheese. By the time I've finished the crackers the broth is still hot but cool enough to drink. No dental pain that way, and surprisingly it's actually pretty good. I had to think of something soft because I started cutting back on pain meds today.

Kätzchen 02-29-2020 12:42 AM

Mango Chutney Salsa. 🦄🦄🦄

Engineers at work asked me if I like spicy hot sauce, and brought a spicy wing for me to taste test. I didn't like it much but thanked them for letting me try it.

So... tonight, I dropped by the grocery store and picked up my favorite items to make a smokey warm spicy salsa.

It has chili tomatoes, chopped jalapenos, chopped sweet onion and Elephant garlic cloves, orange rind chopped sparingly, strawberries, a few raisins, medium chilis, and chopped mango. Cinnamon makes the salsa expand with smokey warmness. There is a titch of Rice vinegar in it too.

It is good with organic corn chips or over a cup of Vanilla Bean ice cream.

That is what i am having right now. I am taking it to work on Monday for post weekend woo-woo. :cheer:

Bèsame* 02-29-2020 12:06 PM

I bought asparagus at a really good price this week. Last night I made stir fry asparagus, red onion,red peppers and sliced a boneless porkchop.

Stir fried in sesame oil and smeared with kung pao sauce.

Peach bellini

Perfect dinner for one!

nycfem 02-29-2020 06:23 PM

I had the rest of my cabbage and carrots that I actually used a bit too much gochujang sauce with, so I added riced broccoli and tofu (dry fried in the wok). Sometimes it's a good feeling when the leftovers are finally used up!

Then I had a vegan vanilla Rawmantic bar.

GeorgiaMa'am 02-29-2020 07:38 PM

- coq au vin
- carrots and English peas and mushrooms
- Hawaiian rolls
- tiramisu

JDeere 02-29-2020 11:35 PM

Chicken parm. garlic buttered noodles, salad

Orema 03-01-2020 05:40 PM

Chicken noodle soup. I added asparagus and cilantro and it was delicious.

Kätzchen 03-01-2020 06:19 PM

I'm making a soup tonight too.

I call it: Won-ton Beet Soup.

I oven roasted some beets, after I boiled them. Then I let them cool off. I took a fork and smashed them all up and added coconut cream, cinnamon, some leaves off of a bouquet of basil, added some lemon zest and filtered a tablespoon of acv, to add sparingly, after the smashed beet concoction heats thoroughly. In the mean time, I am using sheets of Won-ton 'paper' and hand crimping them shut, after I stuff them with vegan creamed cheese, chopped fresh chives and chopped up Korn ChiKn patty meatless meat.

Should be fairly delicious. It certainly smells good, the soup part.
I'll get a pan of coconut oil going on the stove top soon, to cook the won-ton thingy's.

You just dish up the soup into a bowl first, then top it off with a fair amount (5-or-6) of the won-ton 'cheesy-ChiKn' thingy's.

Bon appétit :rrose:

GeorgiaMa'am 03-01-2020 06:31 PM

- fried fish
- cole slaw
- hush puppies

kittygrrl 03-01-2020 06:47 PM

i'm making pot roast w roasted potatoes & carrots, homemade applesauce, green salad w homemade thousand island and brownies w a scoop of choc chip mint ice cream (for dessert)

homoe 03-01-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygrrl (Post 1262770)
i'm making pot roast w roasted potatoes & carrots, homemade applesauce, green salad w homemade thousand island and brownies w a scoop of choc chip mint ice cream (for dessert)

AND what time should the gang be there Miss kitty....:eating:

Bèsame* 03-01-2020 11:54 PM

a blueberry scone, so full of blueberries!

Diet ginger ale

RebelDyke 03-02-2020 07:53 PM

KFC

the last night as bachelors for Pete and I.... woot woot

Kätzchen 03-02-2020 11:32 PM

I got home late from work, so I am keeping it simple. I am making 'street tacos' with miniature soft taco shells (only 3 or four) and sautéed chopped green cabbage and Portabella mushroom (one is enough). Once the cabbage and Portabella mushroom is sautéed, I will melt some Chao Field Roast creamy 'cheese' in each small soft taco shell and spoon the sautéed veggies into each of them. Should be filling and delicious (I'm hungry tonight).

GeorgiaMa'am 03-03-2020 10:44 AM

Last night was Chinese chicken noodle soup.