Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What brought you joy today? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86)

RebelDyke 10-08-2020 05:55 PM

Conference time with colleagues. It was great asking them about a case i have that clearly none of them (they are seasoned) even know what to do.. Glad I was NOT the only one stumped!!!!

Chad 10-11-2020 07:55 AM

Joy

Yesterday I spent time chatting with dear old friends. What a great day. The pandemic may stop us from visiting but a phone call can really put a spring in your step. Joy.

:cowboy:

homoe 10-11-2020 08:03 AM

So true...

~~

:goodpost:

homoe 10-11-2020 08:17 AM

Second best only to a phone call......

~~

A letter in yesterday's mail stack that I didn't discover until just a few minutes ago...

C0LLETTE 10-11-2020 08:27 AM

Took a walk...

Took a walk through my neighbourhood and noticed that people are starting the annual "winter prep". We all pray and hope that the seasonal cycles will stay relatively constant but we prepare for anomalies and , at worst, disasters.

We look forward with joy to our "4 season" climate and realize with dread that human beings may have f**cked that up forever.

Our politicians owe us their best efforts to prevent or at least forestall that cataclysm till we can figure out what to do.

If they fail at that, what does it matter what else they do.

Joy to the World.

homoe 10-14-2020 06:21 PM

Reading a satirical article poking fun at Susan Collins...

Satire from the Borowitz Report in the New Yorker...

Susan Collins Concerned That Amy Coney Barrett Too Indecisive.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Calling the Supreme Court nominee’s testimony “worrisome,” Senator Susan Collins said that she is concerned that Amy Coney Barrett is too indecisive to sit on the nation’s highest court.

“When she was asked a question, she often appeared hesitant, evasive, and wishy-washy,” Collins said. “That’s no way for a person serving in a high government position to behave.”

The Senator from Maine said that Barrett’s dithering verged on being “annoying and even aggravating.”

“The American people deserve decisiveness from their public officials, not relentless shilly-shallying,” Collins said. “This is the sort of vacillating that makes people despise you.”

Asked whether she would ultimately vote to confirm Barrett, Collins waited for a full minute before responding, “I am deeply troubled and concerned by what I have heard from her to date, but would need to hear more before I could come down one way or another on that.”

....:rofl:....

easygoingfemme 11-01-2020 02:45 PM

I got to have my nephews for a few hours today. I see them so sparingly now with them in school and all of us trying to stay covid free. We had an outside play date for two hours while my sister in law got to go out to lunch with a friend. I brought chalk and this thing to make snow and slime. We had a lot of good messy outside play time. Best was we made optical courses modeled after the sensory hallways that a lot of schools are doing. I made them one and then they made another one of their own creation. I wore them out, as promised.

Gemme 11-02-2020 10:08 AM

Rubbing on my boy! He's so soft and he looks so cute. Also, not having to work in this wind. The wind chill brings it from the 40s to the 20s today.

Reach *BANNED* 03-29-2021 04:33 PM

Hearing good news after my sister went to her doctor's appointment.

FireSignFemme 03-30-2021 01:49 AM

Okay technically yesterday and maybe joy is a bit of an exaggeration but it was still a bright spot in an otherwise difficult day. While out secondhand shopping I found an unopened pack of six Kirkland Signature heavyweight all cotton men's crew neck undershirts and five JCPenny short sleeve Xersion T-shirts also brand new with stickers and tags still on, altogether for about 1/3 the cost of retail. I also found two gently used Dickies Cooling Temp-IQ Performance short sleeve T-shirts. I'd bought one the other day instead of both because I didn't know if or how much I'd like it, but it was so comfy I knew I just had to get the other. Well today there was another so I bought them both and now have three. Though slightly used I actually like the Dickies better than the brand new ones so will just have to see which I like best after they all come out of the wash. Of the lot surprisingly the only ones I'd feel comfortable wearing outdoors are the undershirts because they're actually heavier weight than many of the T-shirts I see both women and men running around in outdoors these day but they're way too long. That's okay, fine for around the house and when I lose some more weight they'll make good nightshirts.

Kätzchen 04-17-2021 01:01 PM

The hours long phone call I had with my baby brother. He's bringing my mother over to see Rico and I, this fall. It will be the first time I have seen my mom and brother since a few years ago. And it will be their first time meeting my future husband. Rico is beside himself with joy to meet my mom and brother. And I am beyond filled with joy that Rico is mine and I am his and the fact that my mom and brother are so excited to meet him. :stillheart:

Gemme 04-17-2021 10:05 PM

I had a good time with a friend today. It brought my heart great joy.

Bèsame* 04-19-2021 08:37 PM

News of a baby joining the family! What could be anymore joy than that??

I'm telling ya..I'm the best Aunt around :)

clementinefemme 04-19-2021 10:01 PM

My boss wrote me such a stellar recommendation letter with lots of kind comments. It feels so nice to be appreciated. Speaking of, I'm trying to think of a way to express my gratitude to her for the letter. If we were in person, I would give her a card, but we're all remote, and I don't want to ask for her address to mail one.

Gemme 04-20-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clementinefemme (Post 1282933)
My boss wrote me such a stellar recommendation letter with lots of kind comments. It feels so nice to be appreciated. Speaking of, I'm trying to think of a way to express my gratitude to her for the letter. If we were in person, I would give her a card, but we're all remote, and I don't want to ask for her address to mail one.

Maybe an e-card?

Bèsame* 04-21-2021 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clementinefemme (Post 1282933)

What about a handwritten note, take a pic, and send via email?

Reach *BANNED* 04-22-2021 06:18 PM

I just confirmed plans to see my niece on Sunday!!!!

FireSignFemme 04-23-2021 12:25 AM

Internet is back up, and running faster now too.

Reach *BANNED* 06-19-2021 05:49 PM

Knowing that I do not want to let go. I want to hang on for dear life - and live the rest of My life surrounding Myself with those that want to hang on for dear life too.