Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics And Law (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Presidential Slugfest 2016 - Debate Watch Party! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8167)

BullDog 10-10-2016 02:00 PM

I'm so disgusted I don't even want there to be a third debate at this point, and it's not because I think Clinton will blow her lead or anything like that. That disgusting scumbag does not deserve to be on the same stage as Clinton, and she shouldn't have to put up with his stalker, abusive behavior on stage - all of his lies, threatening to put her jail and worse. Ugh.

C0LLETTE 10-10-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly (Post 1100010)
You need to read what I said without implying anything else.

I said SHE cannot bring up the issues of him sexualizing his daughter, or ANYTHING negative about his children. That doesn't mean a surrogate can't do it, it just means it cannot come from her mouth.

As I hope you know, I like you very much MsTinkerbelly and on the vast majority of issues I agree with you however I do not agree that I "need" to do anything.

You did not refer to her "bringing up" the issue. You said it would be "the end of her campaign" if she appeared to "use it". Having the surrogates refer to it IS using it and, in my opinion, it would be a very good thing.

Personally, I think she'd lose nothing by directly confronting him but if surrogates are more acceptable...have at it. One direct hit right to the middle of his smug lying face wouldn't hurt her a bit.

MsTinkerbelly 10-10-2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1100013)
As I hope you know, I like you very much MsTinkerbelly and on the vast majority of issues I agree with you however I do not agree that I "need" to do anything.

You did not refer to her "bringing up" the issue. You said it would be "the end of her campaign" if she appeared to "use it". Having the surrogates refer to it IS using it and, in my opinion, it would be a very good thing.

Personally, I think she'd lose nothing by directly confronting him but if surrogates are more acceptable...have at it. One direct hit right to the middle of his smug lying face wouldn't hurt her a bit.

Well, in this, we will have to agree to disagree. ;)

C0LLETTE 10-10-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soon (Post 1100011)
Yes, to all this.

You make a very good point, Collette; no matter what fucked up things Donald Trump has said or done in the past or present, his core base will NEVER abandon him (it's nauseating thinking about how many millions of Americans are in this group). HRC needs to slam back harder--her base, and maybe some on the fence or that younger generation--might come around to her vote. And get those surrogates to fight in a fiercer fashion. Ana Navarro is the only one I can think off the top of my head who has NO QUALMS about slamming his fuckery down!

And Ana Novarro is a Republican.

Soon 10-10-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1100017)
And Ana Novarro is a Republican.

I had no idea! She's been going after Trump so hard, I presumed...Thanks for the info!

BullDog 10-10-2016 03:09 PM

Hillary Clinton is of course very privileged and powerful and experiences the world in ways that very few other women ever do, but last night so many women saw her as "every woman" for all the women who have had to listen to being mansplained with a smile, who have had to fight for a job with a man who was clearly much less qualified, who have had to listen to a boss who is a 1,000 times dumber, who have had to cope with being physically bullied, intimidated, threatened and stalked.

See brief article and tweets for how woman after woman saw Hillary Clinton having to put up with similar treatment that they do all the time:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...0e655eab5dee8?

A. Spectre 10-10-2016 04:47 PM

Trump vows retaliation as Republicans are abandoning him.

What an incredibly thin-skinned man-baby he is. Well, I can agree with him about the "self righteous hypocrites."

Mitch Mcconnell has no backbone, nor cajones. He refused to denounce Trumps actions and on a side note, he still looks like a turtle. Just not as cute.

Hillary is up double digits according to numerous polls.

Leaked audio is now coming out from "The Apprentice" via Huffpost.

Lyte 10-10-2016 05:28 PM

I know this is common knowledge but... it still makes me a lil smirky smirk to say it... the Republican party is friggin' imploding!! :byebye:

DapperButch 10-10-2016 06:41 PM

I think the reason Hillary didn't slam him more for the tape was because he shook her up a bit having those four women there. I think she thought that he would talk about Bill's cheating more, and go harder at her if she did. And I think he would. She has to have an emotional breaking point, and maybe she knew she had hit her limit (for the day). The woman has to hear about his infidelity constantly.

Someone said to me today...if Melania cheated on Trump, would his opponent even bring it up? No, they wouldn't. It wouldn't hold any power. It does with Hillary though because we know Bill and he was POTUS. BUT, it also matters because it says there is something "wrong" with Hillary if her husband cheated on her. If it was Melania, people would just say she is a slut and feel bad for Donald (well, maybe not HIM, but they would another man). It circles back to misogyny again.

Bubala 10-10-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 1100051)
I think the reason Hillary didn't slam him more for the tape was because he shook her up a bit having those four women there. I think she thought that he would talk about Bill's cheating more, and go harder at her if she did.

Bill is not running for president, Hillary is. I wish Trump would get the memo.
Also, what is that Trump morality police!? Ha! :seeingstars:

Bubala 10-10-2016 07:50 PM

"Carrie Fisher says Trump’s sniffles are ‘ABSOLUTELY’ a sign of cocaine use"

....Hahahahahahahaha! So the mic is on crack ... again!? lol

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/expe...f-cocaine-use/

C0LLETTE 10-10-2016 07:57 PM

It seems that many of us agree that there is pervasive misogyny and a double standard in this contest but I am not so sure we all have to succumb to it. I suspect that, if Hillary whacked Donald good and hard, a loud cheer would go out across the land.

Lyte 10-10-2016 07:59 PM

Part of the reason Bill's dumbass behavior is being brought up is because of Hillary's reaction to the alligations. She was viscous! There's a lot of hypocrisy in the Clintons.

C0LLETTE 10-10-2016 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelai (Post 1100078)
"Carrie Fisher says Trump’s sniffles are ‘ABSOLUTELY’ a sign of cocaine use"

....Hahahahahahahaha! So the mic is on crack ... again!? lol

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/expe...f-cocaine-use/

The now deceased, bullying, crude, racist mayor of Toronto denied cocaine use for years as he thrashed around proclaiming his "law and order" platform...till the video showed up. and then the sound of the toilet flushing was sweet music to all his victims.

C0LLETTE 10-10-2016 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyte (Post 1100083)
Part of the reason Bill's dumbass behavior is being brought up is because of Hillary's reaction to the alligations. She was viscous! There's a lot of hypocrisy in the Clintons.

You're right. Her response wasn't nice. but they are lucky they didn't cheat with any of my partners cause at least one of them wouldn't have lived long enough to be given a box seat at a presidential debate. Having a 12 year "affair" with someone's husband is hardly a case of sexual abuse. Unless you want to accept that it was his wife that was being abused.

DapperButch 10-10-2016 08:42 PM

Something I came across that relates....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyte (Post 1100083)

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1100090)
You're right. Her response wasn't nice. but they are lucky they didn't cheat with any of my partners cause at least one of them wouldn't have lived long enough to be given a box seat at a presidential debate. Having a 12 year "affair" with someone's husband is hardly a case of sexual abuse. Unless you want to accept that it was his wife that was being abused.

Fact checking stuff:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...iously-attack/

BullDog 10-10-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 1100096)

Thank you!

Lyte 10-10-2016 09:20 PM

Summery of that article reads... "Overall, we rate the claim Mostly False."

Mostly false still leaves a hell of a lotta room for truth. Also, that article does not represent the sum total of all of his or her comments.

Facts are that he came out hard (no pun intended :p) denying everything, so she had to come out equally hard defending.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 1100096)

DapperButch 10-10-2016 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyte (Post 1100104)
Summery of that article reads... "Overall, we rate the claim Mostly False."

Mostly false still leaves a hell of a lotta room for truth. Also, that article does not represent the sum total of all of his or her comments.

Facts are that he came out hard (no pun intended :p) denying everything, so she had to come out equally hard defending.

Yes.

I took notice of this article after I read your post because I didn't recall her being as harsh as you described. I was aware that i was in grad school over that time period so I knew that I had missed a lot of the details.

BullDog 10-10-2016 09:43 PM

The article cited by Dapper was looking specifically at the allegations made by Trump at the debate. That was its purpose and it explained what it meant by mostly false, which doesn't lead to a reasonable interpretation of "viscous."

Viscous is an extremely strong word to use to accuse someone of something.