Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What Was The Last Movie You Saw? Welcome Cinephiles. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3165)

*Anya* 07-02-2018 09:36 AM

Game Night

I can't remember if I posted this because I watched it a couple of weeks ago.

I pretty much watch everything Jason Bateman is in (Arrested Development, Ozark, etc.) Ozark is more drama with some dark comedy but he can do drama, too.

He has such a deadpan way of saying the funniest lines that just crack me up.

Anyway, this movie is funny.

girl_dee 07-02-2018 12:25 PM

i loved it!

my two movie dates didn’t like it, but i did!

http://www.jurassicworld.com/sites/d...0%282%29_0.jpg

homoe 07-06-2018 08:46 AM

The Catcher Was a Spy starring: Paul Rudd, Tom Wilkinson, Paul Giamatti

2018 American biographical spy film directed by Ben Lewin and written by Robert Rodat, based on the book of the same name. Major League baseball player Moe Berg lives a double life as a spy for the Office of Strategic Services during World War II.

Me and Mary liked it.........

homoe 07-08-2018 11:01 PM

re-watched.........

Tom Hanks to produce & star in film adaptation of 'A Man Called Ove' for American version.....

homoe 07-18-2018 06:03 PM

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner original 1967

:starring: Katharine Houghton, Spencer Tracy, Sidney Poitier,Cecil Kellaway, Beah Richards, Katharine Hepburn, Roy Glenn, Isabel Sanford (as Tillie), Skip Martin (as the dancing delivery man).

homoe 07-24-2018 08:09 AM

Battle of the Sexes... Emma Stone, Steve Carell,

I had put off seeing this but seeing it's now free I gave it a whirl!

I must admit I was pleasantly surprised :movieguy: I REALLY enjoyed it

jools66 07-31-2018 02:32 PM

Mission impossible (fallout) & Mamma Mia

Hi everyone.
Saw these films on Saturday.
Mission Impossible in 3D Imax.
I really did enjoy this film, not usually one for liking most of this franchise,but I did like it enough to watch it a second time at some point in the future.
If you are wanting action then this is the movie for you. Loads of stunts that were ott as you would expect.
And if you like just pure entertainment then this is a film to watch.

Mamma Mia
not as good as the first one, but still plenty to enjoy about it.
Obviously if you are a ABBA fan then you'll like the music.
The men in the film however I thought were very poor in the vocals, whereas the girls were amazing. Especially Lily. Is there nothing that that young lady can't do.
by the way watch Baby Driver, it's an amazing movie. And yes I know it's got Kevin Spacey, but as always his acting is superb.

Breathless 07-31-2018 04:20 PM

Last movie watched was "How it Ends" Looked like it might be good, there is a bit of action, not impressed however.. Something to watch when bored and you only need to be slightly entertained.. lol

homoe 07-31-2018 08:19 PM

The Number on Great-Grandpa's Arm - HBO

A conversation between a boy and his great-grandfather, an Auschwitz survivor, is woven with historical footage and animation to tell a heartbreaking story of Jewish life in Eastern Europe, sharing lessons from the Holocaust with a new generation.

This is a short, only about 19 minutes but so very good.....:movieguy:

Reach *BANNED* 08-03-2018 07:56 PM

Just finished watching...

The Commuter - with Liam Neeson

Insurance salesman Michael is on his daily commute home, which quickly becomes anything but routine. After being contacted by a mysterious stranger, Michael is forced to uncover the identity of a hidden passenger on the train before the last stop. As he works against the clock to solve the puzzle, he realizes a deadly plan is unfolding, and he is unwittingly caught up in a criminal conspiracy that carries life and death stakes for everyone on the train.

Picked out on a whim as I had not heard of it before and it did not disappoint- we both thought it was really good.

homoe 08-03-2018 09:25 PM

Someone mentioned watching this movie earlier today so as soon as I log off I'm going to watch it once again.......:movieguy:

JDeere 08-03-2018 09:47 PM

Christopher Robin 2018

Saw it tonight! 5 stars.

homoe 08-13-2018 06:38 PM

Watched this one night at the hotel...

homoe 08-14-2018 11:18 PM

George Clooney, Sofia Coppola, Tommy Lee Jones, Jeff Goldblum, Anjelica Huston, Wes Anderson, Lenny Kravitz, Naomi Campbell, Jon Hamm and other celebrities tell the untold stories of the Carlyle, New York's legendary and landmark hotel.

Watched this tonight and enjoyed it very much..........:movieguy:

Gemme 08-15-2018 10:52 AM

I watched this movie. Love animation!!!

It was sooo cute and sweet and had a good message.

Orema 08-16-2018 04:50 PM

Saw this today and it was good. It was smart, poignant, and funny. It was violent in a just a couple parts, but one of the things I love about Spike’s movies is that he seldom, if ever, combines violence and sex. It’s easy to laugh at the Klan because, in the movies, they’re often buffoons ... and that’s my only problem with the film; as usual, the cluckers are portrayed as fools and I don’t think that’s the case in real life. Other than that, it’s a winner and I look forward to seeing it again on DVD.

And, Spike closed the movie with a rendition of Mary Don’t You Weep by Prince. It was sweet.

jools66 08-16-2018 04:51 PM

BELOW HER MOUTH

Just watched this the other night on Netflix.
Jasmine is a successful fashion editor living with her fiance. On a night out in the city with her best friend, she meets Dallas, a roofer recently out of a relationship. Surprised by the confidence with which Dallas pursues her, Jasmine turns Dallas down but can't get her out of her head. When Jasmine finally succumbs, the two women embark on a steamy affair that forces them both to re-evaluate their lives.

jools66 08-27-2018 02:27 AM

Alpha & BlacKkKlansman

Alpha
Have to say I was disappointed with this film.
It is supposed to be a story about a young man and a Wolf, and the start of the domestication of the Wolf to the dog.
The story of the two took some time to get to, and although I realise that you need some kind of back story to how they met it was drawn out.
I went to see it on 3D but it didn't really seem that 3D to me either.
Get it out on dvd but I wouldn't bother going to the cinema if you have to pay.

BlacKkKlansman
I really like this film, even though there are some bits that could have been cut, (long disco dancing scene for one)
It have some bits of humour in it in places so you can laugh and have a seconds break from the very serious issues in the film.
The subject of the film is very raw still given the current climate in the USA especially.
Worth going to the cinema for but if not watch it when it's out on other formats

Kätzchen 08-28-2018 11:13 AM

The Green Book (November 2018)

This movie debut's over the Thanksgiving Holiday, this fall.
I plan to go see it.

Kätzchen 08-29-2018 09:11 AM

Ride (2015)

I watched this movie, a few days ago, on YouTube....
(starring Helen Hunt & Luke Wilson).

I liked it a lot. :balloon: