Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Missing YouTube Videos? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019)

Linus 03-12-2010 05:08 PM

Missing YouTube Videos?

I know of two thread (That70s and Music Central) where some YouTube videos have gone *poof*. If you are also experiencing this, please let me know. What I'm trying to determine is when this first appeared. We haven't changed anything on the forums in the last two weeks (a mod I wanted to add I couldn't for other reasons).

I'm curious if other threads have been hit by this.

In the meantime, I am investigating this and am hoping to find an answer soon.

Daywalker 03-12-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 65788)
I know of two thread (That70s and Music Central) where some YouTube videos have gone *poof*. If you are also experiencing this, please let me know. What I'm trying to determine is when this first appeared. We haven't changed anything on the forums in the last two weeks (a mod I wanted to add I couldn't for other reasons).

I'm curious if other threads have been hit by this.

In the meantime, I am investigating this and am hoping to find an answer soon.

:drummer:

The other day I noticed mah Mix Mash thread was missing some.

:shocking:

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=879

They seem to have mysteriously returned.
:weedsmoke:

Is it because mah Flash player updated last night?
:groucho:

:daywalker:

WILDCAT 03-12-2010 05:34 PM

Yes,

All of my links from the beginning of my Music Central thread just POOFED away, gone/vanished about four days back? Stories, history and facts of mine there now, but with NO music link or song now to go with the info... (Sorry folks.)

They always posted for me without trouble, and I've replayed them numerous times...

Others saw them and commented on various songs, points and stories - thus "saw them".

Others songs from other people are still there on that thread. Even the YOUTUBE ones... (?) I did see one of Snows gone (not sure if that was YOUTUBE or not now), from the first page I believe, but that was all I noticed. Her following ones were still there as far ahead as I checked...(?)
__

Now I went and posted another song two days back, the Eagles one there, and it posted fine and IS still there as of last I checked - earlier today. But, where the heck did ALL of my other song links go, while other folks have had theirs stay there? Has anyone else lost ALL of their links there on that thread? I'm just curious...

Big bummer though.

I hope mine magically reappear!!

Thanks Linus for trying to figure this out. Appreciate it.

Wildcat

Linus 03-12-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daywalker (Post 65798)
:drummer:

The other day I noticed mah Mix Mash thread was missing some.

:shocking:

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=879

They seem to have mysteriously returned.
:weedsmoke:

Is it because mah Flash player updated last night?
:groucho:

I just tried updating mine and didn't see any difference.

The thing that puzzles me the most is the fact that the link isn't even present. I have a feeling it's a mod issue, which may mean losing our ability to just post YouTube links and having it "magically" appear but that may be better than losing the context.

Medusa 03-12-2010 05:54 PM

Is it only the Youtube videos that are disappearing?

Linus 03-12-2010 05:56 PM

Ya. Some are due to, I suspect, to change in copyright but others.. not sure. I wonder if YouTube is clamping down on hotlinking.

WILDCAT 03-12-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 65828)
Is it only the Youtube videos that are disappearing?

My last song of the Eagles - a YOUTUBE is still there from posting yesterday. But, how ALL of mine are gone there on that thread since I began it, while other YOUTUBE ones there are not, is... quite baffling to me.

Once posted I could see them perhaps not "opening" after some time, (and even with a message stated something about copy rights or whatever... but the link would still be there...), however, with mine there are just only blank spaces ? where all of my links were.

WC

Jet 03-12-2010 06:39 PM

Classic Movies thread and My early posts in What are You Listening to Now? beginning with the very first post are missing.

Linus 03-13-2010 06:57 PM

Weird. Now all the posts are back. I'm inclined to think, since these were all pretty much Youtube, that it was a YouTube issue. Hopefully this is resolved for now.

WILDCAT 03-13-2010 09:16 PM

Next test...

Howdy. Hope you're all having a good night.

WILD

Daywalker 03-16-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 66411)
Weird. Now all the posts are back. I'm inclined to think, since these were all pretty much Youtube, that it was a YouTube issue. Hopefully this is resolved for now.

There are photos missing in mah Farm Town n Farmville thread
:farmchicken:

:|

:ninja:

Lol, I know...it's the last thing you wanted to hear.
:twitch:...:pipe:

:flyingweed:

Linus 03-16-2010 10:06 AM

Since you did not give me a link to either the original photo(s) or the original post(s), I did a look and really only seem to see one picture missing. This would suggest to me an issue with the location where that specific photo is store (either the picture has been moved, deleted or public access permissions have been changed).

Daywalker 03-16-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 67909)
Since you did not give me a link to either the original photo(s) or the original post(s), I did a look and really only seem to see one picture missing. This would suggest to me an issue with the location where that specific photo is store (either the picture has been moved, deleted or public access permissions have been changed).

Oh

:|

Well then, I shall set the Panic Switch down and :ohm:

:jester:

Linus 04-01-2010 05:10 AM

It appears that YouTube has again changed something that is affecting the "embedding" of videos. Hopefully my internet will be stabilized by tomorrow and if it is, I'll start investigating a new way to embed the videos into posts.

At this point, links will be the only way to see the videos. :(

Linus 04-03-2010 08:57 PM

To address the YouTubes issues, I've put in YouTube tags. You can find the YouTube icon when choosing the Advanced Editor (by choosing the Go Advanced button when replying). Place last bits of the video in-between the YouTube tags.

For example, if your URL was:

www.you.tube.com/watch?v=qHUhygdAZIw

Just put qHUhygdAZIw between the [youtube.] and the [/youtube]

Passionaria 11-15-2010 05:28 PM

Dear tekno God
:bigcry: I think I have posted so many videos that my rights have been revoked~ I can't post them anymore. HUMPH Why did it stop working????

Medusa 11-15-2010 05:29 PM

It's working.

You have to hit the little Youtube icon up there and ONLY paste the tag for the video - In this case, the ending tag is bxfS9WMvlYo

Thanks

Passionaria 11-15-2010 05:33 PM

Yeah!!! Thank you Medusa!!!!!

Lady_Di 08-01-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 228385)

It's working.

You have to hit the little Youtube icon up there and ONLY paste the tag for the video - In this case, the ending tag is bxfS9WMvlYo

Thanks

I think I found the clue!!!

wooohoooo!

gonna test it now...

MysticOceansFL 04-11-2013 04:53 PM

Its not letting me post video's?