Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you reading? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1589)

Red Dirt Girl 08-03-2011 01:51 PM

Kaffir Boy – Mark Mathabane
The God of Small Things – Arundhati Roy
The Satanic Verses – Salman Rushdie

Butterbean 08-03-2011 02:53 PM

Female Serial Killers by Peter Vronsky

Preserving the Harvest by Carol W. Costenbader

Massively looking forward to listening to the audiobook Angelology by Danielle Trussoni.

Semantics 08-03-2011 03:21 PM

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

StillettoDoll 08-03-2011 06:17 PM

http://www.parallax.org/books/worldwehave/front.jpg

Fancy 08-04-2011 05:26 AM

A couple magazines (Borders is going out of business - so some of the price reductions actually make sense)...

* Curve (KD Lang on the cover)

* Grow, Cook, Eat ...something about sustainable living

rockybcn 08-04-2011 05:51 AM

Just finished "The Physician" by Noah Gordon, getting ready to read the second of this trilogy..."The Last Jew" and will then continue on with "The Shaman"

MissPriss 08-04-2011 07:49 AM

Most ppl that know me are very irritated by it but I almost always read two books at the same time, so the current choice are.......

Murder In Memphis by Dorris D. Porch and Rebecca Easley
and
And Never See Her Again by Patricia Springer....I was just reading this one but had to have the other to take a break from it because it makes me VERY angry.

Fancy 08-06-2011 07:14 AM

Just started...
Hot House Flower - and the 9 Plants of Desire
By Margot Berwin

citybutch 08-07-2011 06:10 PM

Insurance Law... someone save me!

wolfbittenpoet 08-07-2011 06:17 PM

American Gods the Tenth Anniversary Edition by Neil Gaiman
Hit List by Laurell K Hamilton

citybutch 08-07-2011 07:24 PM

Finishing up Little Bee

Has anyone read Cutting For Stone? I have heard it is great and it's next on my list bedside table.

Novelafemme 08-07-2011 07:45 PM

just started the Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

foxyshaman 08-08-2011 10:52 AM

The Art of Shapeshifting - Ted Andrews
Fire in the Head; Shamanism and the Celtic Spirit - Tom Cowan
Imagery in Healing: Shamanism and Modern Medicine - Jeanne Achteberg.

I am writing a workshop from scratch on Shapeshifting - a little known shamanic practice. These are my references. So far, so good.

Cowboi 08-08-2011 11:41 AM

Rogue Warrior
Autobiography of the founder of
the US Navy's Seal Team Six.

SomethingBeautiful 08-08-2011 12:00 PM

I have quite the book list I need to resume. Currently I'm reading "The girl who kicked the hornet's nest" by Stieg Larsson. I've read the series at least 4 times over the last 2 years. If you haven't read his "Millenium series" I highly recommend it.

Fancy 08-08-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fancy (Post 393199)
Just started...
Hot House Flower - and the 9 Plants of Desire
By Margot Berwin

Eh, this isn't as good as I'd expected it to be. Quite simple in style and mostly unbelievable. I think the title over-sold.

Wryly 08-08-2011 05:43 PM

Really enjoying the A Song of Fire and Ice books - - by George R. R. Martin. I finished A Game of Thrones very quickly and read A Clash of Kings in 4 days. I have to wait until Thursday (payday) before I can get A Storm of Swords. *sigh*

willow 08-11-2011 02:21 PM

Just finished: Sexing the Cherry - Jeanette Winterson

Now reading: The Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follet

Next up: Fuck It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way - John C. Parkin

Sassy 08-11-2011 08:30 PM

A Dance with Dragons (Song of Ice and Fire, Book V)

Persistence: All ways butch and femme

Anger: Wisdom for Cooling the Flames (Thich Nhat Hanh)

----------

So, A Dance with Dragons is very groovy so far. I've only read about 5 of the essays out of Persistence but so far it's interesting. And I haven't opened Anger yet. I'm resenting it's presence in my house at the moment. I intend to read it. But first I have to forgive it for violating my space and forcing me to realize I need better communication skills. *ahem* ... Yeah. So A Dance with Dragons is good :)

Soft*Silver 08-11-2011 08:42 PM

I cant remember the name or the author (Jodi Piccoult or something like that) but its a novel about a teenaged boy who has Aspergers and loves forensics and ends up being accused of murder. How the system handles him is awful and yet, thru the book, it shows exactly how terrifying the world can be for someone with Aspergers. Wonderfully done...