Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anyone for WoW? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1909)

SnowSong 08-25-2010 09:20 AM

Anyone for WoW?

So is there anyone here that plays WoW? (World of Warcraft) I'm on Echo Isles and my main is a level 74 nelf druid named Aurial. If anyone plays, feel free to say hi. Maybe we can start our own guild in game. Now that would be cool.

Linus 08-25-2010 09:26 AM

I've got a couple of characters on Kilrogg: a level 35 Tauren Warrior and a level 80 Tauren Hunter. I dunno if I trust you Alliance types.. *eyes SnowSong carefully* :sunglass:

SnowSong 08-25-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 179615)
I've got a couple of characters on Kilrogg: a level 35 Tauren Warrior and a level 80 Tauren Hunter. I dunno if I trust you Alliance types.. *eyes SnowSong carefully* :sunglass:

*looks innocent*....but I make the best cookies ever! You can not resist my nelfy charm.

NJFemmie 08-25-2010 09:49 AM

Mare and I have a few Horde toons on the Nazjatar realm, but we've stopped playing for the season. We usually start up again in the winter months.

I have a 70 undead warrior, a level 61 undead warrior, a low level blood elf hunter and an even lower level blood elf paladin.

When we sign back up, we're finally getting the Wrath expansion. (We're a bit behind expansion-wise.)

:)

For the Horde!~

SnowSong 08-25-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJFemmie (Post 179650)
Mare and I have a few Horde toons on the Nazjatar realm, but we've stopped playing for the season. We usually start up again in the winter months.

I have a 70 undead warrior, a level 61 undead warrior, a low level blood elf hunter and an even lower level blood elf paladin.

When we sign back up, we're finally getting the Wrath expansion. (We're a bit behind expansion-wise.)

:)

For the Horde!~

I like playing belfs and taurens. I had a hard time getting into the undead. I like their history but their whole area is so sad looking. I think I would do great rolling an undead for RP. The potential for backstory is amazing.

NJFemmie 08-25-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowSong (Post 179661)
I like playing belfs and taurens. I had a hard time getting into the undead. I like their history but their whole area is so sad looking. I think I would do great rolling an undead for RP. The potential for backstory is amazing.

I hate the undead's posture! (Of all things, lol...) They are always so schlumpy and depressed looking, but I actually like their creepy environments. The quests are more interesting.

Taurens start out in the Barrens and I find the Barrens to be soooooooo boring. It gets more interesting when you are a higher level.

I've 'tried' Alliance when my server was down, but I couldn't get into it.

I am thinking of starting a RP toon... maybe I will when we sign up again.

SnowSong 08-25-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJFemmie (Post 179668)
I hate the undead's posture! (Of all things, lol...) They are always so schlumpy and depressed looking, but I actually like their creepy environments. The quests are more interesting.

Taurens start out in the Barrens and I find the Barrens to be soooooooo boring. It gets more interesting when you are a higher level.

I've 'tried' Alliance when my server was down, but I couldn't get into it.

I am thinking of starting a RP toon... maybe I will when we sign up again.

I really like playing nelfs. Their areas are so beautiful and natural. My favorite place is Auberdine.

Linus 08-25-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowSong (Post 179674)
I really like playing nelfs. Their areas are so beautiful and natural. My favorite place is Auberdine.

What about the BElfs?

Catalysm should be out this fall but I'd seriously would like to see if we could create a BF guild on a server, even RP, and have some fun with it. :)

NJFemmie 08-25-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 179678)
What about the BElfs?

Catalysm should be out this fall but I'd seriously would like to see if we could create a BF guild on a server, even RP, and have some fun with it. :)

I enjoy the BElfs, particularly my hunter.
The BF server sounds like a great idea - would be nice to play with "family". :)

SnowSong 08-25-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 179678)
What about the BElfs?

That's a great idea! We should pick a server and roll belfs. I'd so do it! Now I'm all excited....

NJFemmie 11-26-2012 12:26 PM

I posted this question in the other WoW thread - but has anyone upgraded to Pandaria yet?

BTW - Best Buy has the expansion for 19.99 - those interested may want to check their local stores.

The JD 11-26-2012 12:50 PM

Oddly enough, I JUST installed WoW (not Pandaria- I'm talking brand new to the game). I got a groupon for Wrath of the Lich and two months game time for $16... just downloaded it, and I'm SOOOOO lost.

I'm not brand new to RPGs- I used to play on a couple of MUDs back in the day... but this high tech stuff, whoa. I chose a human Alliance Hunter (I know, I know, so boring of me), then logged off in a panic when he (I mean I?) began shooting arrows at the training dummy repeatedly, and I was afraid I'd use up all my ammo, and I don't know how to stop, so yeah... I logged off. Heh.

So at least I know how to log off. Help? I suppose this is where reading that 126 page Getting Started manual might help....except it's 126 pages. :|

NJFemmie 11-26-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The JD (Post 707105)
Oddly enough, I JUST installed WoW (not Pandaria- I'm talking brand new to the game). I got a groupon for Wrath of the Lich and two months game time for $16... just downloaded it, and I'm SOOOOO lost.

I'm not brand new to RPGs- I used to play on a couple of MUDs back in the day... but this high tech stuff, whoa. I chose a human Alliance Hunter (I know, I know, so boring of me), then logged off in a panic when he (I mean I?) began shooting arrows at the training dummy repeatedly, and I was afraid I'd use up all my ammo, and I don't know how to stop, so yeah... I logged off. Heh.

So at least I know how to log off. Help? I suppose this is where reading that 126 page Getting Started manual might help....except it's 126 pages. :|

Well, the good news is - you won't run out of ammo. At least you shouldn't. Blizzard got rid of the need to purchase ammo - but I don't know if that applies to versions of the game before Cataclysm.

It's kind of tough to walk you through the game, my suggestion is - practice. A lot. Since you are new and probably Level 1, there isn't much damage you could do to yourself. You'll probably die a lot, but who hasn't? Once you get the swing of things, I'm sure you'll find it addicting like most WoW players. :)

Oh and - I haven't played too many MMO's, but I've found that so far, WoW stands alone. Between the graphics and the playing content, it's pretty versatile and should keep you busy for hours on end. :)

Linus 11-26-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The JD (Post 707105)

What server are you on? And a human hunter isn't a bad thing. They do get a special racial that benefits them more than other races.

NJFemmie 11-26-2012 01:08 PM

Yeah, what server are you on so my Horde toon can whoop your ... :|
Oh, sorry. Sometimes I'm not proficient in controlling my competitive urge.

:) ;)

Linus 11-26-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJFemmie (Post 707118)

LOL.. I was thinking more along the lines of creating a simple character to help JD through everything as a pair (at least at the start)

NJFemmie 11-26-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 707127)
LOL.. I was thinking more along the lines of creating a simple character to help JD through everything as a pair (at least at the start)

Me too, after I thought of whooping ass though, lol...
But I don't have it in me to play Alliance. I tried, didn't find it interesting.
But I'll do it to help JD out. :)

The JD 11-26-2012 02:07 PM

Aww! Thanks for not kicking my ass :)

Um, how do I figure out which server I'm on? I created a new character, a warrior- thought I'd go as simple as possible. Amazingly, I leveled... no clue how to sell back all those damn balroc skins. Or whatever the hell I just killed 6 of.

Oh, and when I enter fight mode (um, when the circle turns red), is there a way to refine my fighting? Am I just locked in the roll of the dice at that point?

Linus 11-26-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJFemmie (Post 707118)

Quote:

Originally Posted by The JD (Post 707146)
Aww! Thanks for not kicking my ass :)

Um, how do I figure out which server I'm on? I created a new character, a warrior- thought I'd go as simple as possible. Amazingly, I leveled... no clue how to sell back all those damn balroc skins. Or whatever the hell I just killed 6 of.

Oh, and when I enter fight mode (um, when the circle turns red), is there a way to refine my fighting? Am I just locked in the roll of the dice at that point?

What is the name of your character?

ScandalAndy 11-26-2012 02:12 PM

oh man...when i first started i would play for 16 hours a day (i was unemployed, so this was okay). I think I still have a lvl 80 mage on Area52, but that server is so horde heavy there's no point being alli. Don't hate, i like rooting for the underdogs.

Pandaria...well...i've purposely avoided following the releases because I don't think I can afford to play anymore. Now I might have to do some research.