Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   InstaPot Anyone?? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8688)

girl_dee 09-23-2018 07:21 PM

InstaPot Anyone??

Ok i was skeptical, i thought this was going to be another appliance destined for the garage...but OMG. I.LOVE.THIS.THING.

Does anyone else use one?

https://qvc.scene7.com/is/image/QVC/...01?$uspdlarge$

Mel C. 09-23-2018 07:41 PM

I don't use it as much as my spouse-to-be, but I have touched a few buttons.

TL1 09-23-2018 07:50 PM

What is it? Like a crock pot but cooks in a fraction of the time?

~ocean 09-23-2018 07:51 PM

~

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1225951)
Ok i was skeptical, i thought this was going to be another appliance destined for the garage...but OMG. I.LOVE.THIS.THING.

Does anyone else use one?

https://qvc.scene7.com/is/image/QVC/...01?$uspdlarge$

is it like a fast cooking crock pot ? lol mel

girl_dee 09-23-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TL1 (Post 1225954)
What is it? Like a crock pot but cooks in a fraction of the time?

It does EVERYTHING! It is actually a pressure cooker, but it also functions as a slow cooker, a pressure cooker, even makes yogurt.

We cooked baby back ribs in it for 25 minutes today and they fell off the bone... SO good!

I can *boil* a dozen eggs at a time and they peel SO easy and are cooked perfect every time.

It’s amazing.

Mel C. 09-23-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1225956)

It does EVERYTHING! It is actually a pressure cooker, but it also functions as a slow cooker, a pressure cooker, even makes yogurt.

We cooked baby back ribs in it for 25 minutes today and they fell off the bone... SO good!

I can *boil* a dozen eggs at a time and they peel SO easy and are cooked perfect every time.

It’s amazing.

Don’t forget it’s a rice cooker too!

CherryWine 09-23-2018 08:05 PM

Care to share your rib recipe, Dee?

I have one but haven’t used it very often. The first time I used it, I made a pork roast that turned out so tender and juicy. I tried to make a pork roast again, and it came out so damn dry that it was comical.

Haven’t tried it as a rice cooker yet.

TL1 09-23-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1225956)

It’s amazing.

This is awesome! Actually perfect gift for my sister too! You just helped me more than you know! Thanks! :)

girl_dee 09-23-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryWine (Post 1225959)
Care to share your rib recipe, Dee?

I have one but haven’t used it very often. The first time I used it, I made a pork roast that turned out so tender and juicy. I tried to make a pork roast again, and it came out so damn dry that it was comical.

Haven’t tried it as a rice cooker yet.

Sure! I cleaned up the fat etc off the ribs, dried them, then did a dry rub on them. (Whatever you have )

I put them in the InstaPot with a cut onion on the little rack standing up for 25 min. Slow release for 10. They melted off the bone!

Then i put them in the broiler with Baby Rays cause for about 10 .

All done!

~ocean 09-23-2018 08:15 PM

their pressure cookers ~ I hope their not made in China the price will sky rocket ! I just saw them on line for $35.00 +

TL1 09-23-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~ocean (Post 1225964)
their pressure cookers ~ I hope their not made in China the price will sky rocket ! I just saw them on line for $35.00 +

Huh? The ones I saw were averaging 80 to over 100

girl_dee 09-23-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

i have no idea what that is about. We got ours at Kohl’s.......

MsTinkerbelly 09-23-2018 09:45 PM

They sell them at Walmart, come in several different quart amounts, and are one of the greatest things ever made.

I made a cake, roast, turkey, chicken, beans, rice, stews, bread...etc. etc. etc.

I just google “chicken Marsala for instapot” (for example) and bam, several recipes to choose from.

Bake, stew, roast, rice, sauté, steam, AND it has a slow cooker feature!

Best kitchen gadget EVER!

Gemme 09-24-2018 05:05 AM

Quote:

I think you are looking at something else or a knock off. The InstaPot does several different functions; not just pressure cooking.

The actual InstaPots go for about $100 on average. I found mine at Walmart. They only had 10 of them and I got it for about $80. They haven't had any since.

easygoingfemme 09-24-2018 08:26 AM

Me me me! I've had mine for a couple of years- it was an amazon prime special one day so I got a really good deal on it. Over the summer I mostly just used it to hard boil eggs (shells pull right off!) but now that it's cold out I'll be doing soups and stews in there for sure. Love it.

cinnamongrrl 09-24-2018 09:04 AM

So glad I saw this thread!

I’m seriously considering full time RV living for a few years and a LOT of the YouTube videos I’ve seen about that community have mentioned that instapot is amazing. I also read that Ree Drummond is coming out with a pretty version for Walmart so I think I’ll wait for that!

Mel C. 09-24-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1225962)

Sure! I cleaned up the fat etc off the ribs, dried them, then did a dry rub on them. (Whatever you have )

I put them in the InstaPot with a cut onion on the little rack standing up for 25 min. Slow release for 10. They melted off the bone!

Then i put them in the broiler with Baby Rays cause for about 10 .

All done!

Baby Rays BBQ sauce...you must have been sleep posting lol.

~ocean 09-24-2018 02:35 PM

~

Quote:

WRONG ADD ~ forget that price I was reading the wrong add. lol sorryyyyy

girl_dee 09-24-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~ocean (Post 1226005)
WRONG ADD ~ forget that price I was reading the wrong add. lol sorryyyyy

WHEW! ..................

girl_dee 09-24-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easygoingfemme (Post 1225992)
Me me me! I've had mine for a couple of years- it was an amazon prime special one day so I got a really good deal on it. Over the summer I mostly just used it to hard boil eggs (shells pull right off!) but now that it's cold out I'll be doing soups and stews in there for sure. Love it.

the eggs! They are so good and cooked perfectly.