Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Movies anyone? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135)

Mitmo01 11-07-2009 07:02 AM

Movies anyone?

What movies are you interested in seeing or have you seen one lately, share with us your critiques, or whatever youd like regarding cinema...

Mitmo01 11-07-2009 07:04 AM

I want to see Precious, I remember having to read the book for a class in college and being utterly blown away by Sapphires story. If this movie is halfway as good as the book it will be powerful

Wickedsuzi 11-07-2009 07:12 AM

I'd like to see Precious also.... but the movie I'm DYING to see is..... get ready........ NEW MOON!!! {hearing the sound of collective groans} YES I'm an unapologetic Twilighter!! I'm really considering doing my final paper in psych on it... and have already done the requisite poll. It's truly interesting to hear the differences in opinions expressed. 13 More DAYZ!!!!:D

Leigh 11-07-2009 10:01 AM

I have a few movies that I wanna see:

1) New Moon (yes I love the Twilight series too)
2) 2012
3) A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey
4) Astro Boy - I remember watching this as a kid and it was one of My favorite shows
5) The Vampire's Assistant
6) Paranormal Activity
7) The Fourth Kind

Lately the movies I've seen and love are Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs and Couples Retreat ........ both hilarious movies that I really enjoyed seeing :)

dixie 11-07-2009 10:07 AM

-New Moon (which I already have tickets for the midnight opening show ..lol)
-Paranormal Activity
-Fourth Kind
-Stepfather

Andrew, Jr. 11-07-2009 01:45 PM

Movies I want to see:

Paranormal Activity
Fourth Kind (a true story)
Precious

Jet 11-07-2009 02:07 PM

Amelia
The Box

Mitmo01 11-07-2009 07:57 PM

I saw the trailer for the new twilight movie and im really interested in the baddies---the volturis-- i think i wanna see it for them and the lycans

i also just watched a teaser trailer for Angelina Jolies new movie coming out next summer called "Salt" she plays a CIA interrogator who might be a russian assassian, it looks awesome i dont want to wait for next summer to see it lol
the role was originally for tom cruise but he backed out and they re-wrote the script specifically for her i love politcal thrillers

another movie im interested in is a remake of an israeli movie called "The Debt" starring Helen Mirren--she plays a mossad agent in it and learned hebrew for the role--cant wait to see that one as well

Abigail Crabby 11-07-2009 08:20 PM

New Moon
Fourth Kind
The Vampires Assistant
A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey

Diva 11-07-2009 09:41 PM

I want to see 2012, but someone needs to go with me in the daytime so I can rip their arm off and I won't have nightmares.

I also want to see Precious and the new Sandra Bullock movie.....the name I cannot recall.

~Diva

Scorp 11-07-2009 09:49 PM

Same here Diva, I definitely want to see 2012.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 1838)
I want to see 2012, but someone needs to go with me in the daytime so I can rip their arm off and I won't have nightmares.

I also want to see Precious and the new Sandra Bullock movie.....the name I cannot recall.

~Diva

Diva 11-07-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 1839)
Same here Diva, I definitely want to see 2012.

The special effects on the trailer look absolutely amazing! Even on my teeny~tiny tv!!! I can't imagine what they'll be like on the big screen!!!

Diva 11-07-2009 09:59 PM

The Blind Side is the name of the new Sandra Bullock movie....I just saw the trailer/commercial! Yea!

~Diva

Mitmo01 11-08-2009 10:58 PM

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1217987865/

this is what i want to see

pajama 11-08-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitmo01 (Post 1802)
I saw the trailer for the new twilight movie and im really interested in the baddies---the volturis-- i think i wanna see it for them and the lycans

I remember reading the book, and that scene when they heard the people in for 'dinner'. I remember thinking, "well thank gods, there are actually some real vampires in this book" uggh. That's the last one in the series I read.

I'm looking forward to Boondock Saints II, All Saint's Day, although I really feel that Boondock Saints is a one shot deal. Curious to see how it goes.

And definitely YES to The Blind Side, looked amazing. When she threatens those thugs for messing with her family...totally Awesome!

A

Eddie 11-08-2009 11:58 PM

Paranormal Activity and Fourth Kind so far.

Fourth Kind is not a true story. They are setting it up the way Blair Witch was set up to make the public believe it was a true story. :D

Softly 11-09-2009 03:18 AM

new moon!
still need to see the new SAW.

We watched this movie called Antichrist last night and I was bored to tears BUT it was VERY interesting. not sure how it could be so good and so bad at the same time. It's a fucked up movie.

Antichrist
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870984/

Waldo 11-10-2009 05:46 PM

Saw The Men Who Stare At Goats last night and thought it was brilliant. Truly hilarious. George Clooney was magic.

Jett 11-16-2009 10:43 AM

Saw "Fourth Kind" last week... I'd give it 3 1/2 outta five stars.

...today I have a date to see the one I've been waiting for...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY_pTTp2QBs"]YouTube- Adam Lambert - 2012 - Time for Miracles FULL VERSION[/ame]

Gemme 11-16-2009 11:28 PM

I haven't been to a movie theatre in months! I prefer to go out to movies with someone and I just haven't been able to meet up with anyone to see the ones I'd like to.

I'm all in for The Blind Side and, yes, even New Moon although I am NOT a Twilighter. I just like hot teenage violence, apparently. :bow:

2012 looks interesting. I might see it eventually.