Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics And Law (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Politics-What's on your mind? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8752)

~ocean 01-31-2020 12:23 PM

~

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1261236)
Can you just imagine Donald's reaction if his precious Ivanka was at the receiving end of such bad behavior!

He met Melania @ Epstein's house ~ there were pictures of 2 younger Donald and Melania ~ she was very desperate and broke ~ she became a friend of Epstein's and she met Trump there ~ look it up !

nhplowboi 01-31-2020 04:43 PM

REALLY Ms. Murkowski??!! But yay for Collins stepping up.

GeorgiaMa'am 02-01-2020 05:42 PM

I was listening to NPR's All Things Considered, and heard an interviewee state that, as regards rape victims, we must encourage the culture to not only believe what they have to say, people must also consider their experiences to be important. For example, most people (even Republicans) believed Christine Blasey Ford was telling the truth about Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulting her, but they did not consider it important enough to deny Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination.

This highlighted what has been a blind spot for me - I have believed, I think, that of course everyone believes rape is important and serious. But now that this has been pointed out to me, I have realized that _of course_ there are many people, probably mostly men, who don't consider it important at all, or of little importance. Very disheartening when thinking about the human race.

I also think my belief was a creation of the way I was raised, to be a white, Southern "lady", whose "virtue" was to be protected at all costs. I had not thought about this particular issue beyond my own experience. It had to be brought to my attention by this interview; on the surface of it, of course what I believed is true, i.e., rape is a terrible crime. I had just not seen it from a bigger perspective, i.e., not everyone feels that way.

dark_crystal 02-02-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 1261296)
I was listening to NPR's All Things Considered, and heard an interviewee state that, as regards rape victims, we must encourage the culture to not only believe what they have to say, people must also consider their experiences to be important. For example, most people (even Republicans) believed Christine Blasey Ford was telling the truth about Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulting her, but they did not consider it important enough to deny Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination.

This highlighted what has been a blind spot for me - I have believed, I think, that of course everyone believes rape is important and serious. But now that this has been pointed out to me, I have realized that _of course_ there are many people, probably mostly men, who don't consider it important at all, or of little importance. Very disheartening when thinking about the human race.

I also think my belief was a creation of the way I was raised, to be a white, Southern "lady", whose "virtue" was to be protected at all costs. I had not thought about this particular issue beyond my own experience. It had to be brought to my attention by this interview; on the surface of it, of course what I believed is true, i.e., rape is a terrible crime. I had just not seen it from a bigger perspective, i.e., not everyone feels that way.

I think that because we are white Christian ladies in the South, a rape of US is a terrible crime-- against our fathers/husbands/protectors/family/class, but most of those same men that would swear vengeance on our perpetrator are likely to have committed their own assaults against women who were NOT us, and would not see those assaults in the same category.

AND they would tell us to suck it up pretty quick if we went around acting traumatized for more than 60-90 days following the crime.

homoe 02-02-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhplowboi (Post 1261252)

Very disappointing indeed nhplowboi.........

homoe 02-05-2020 11:03 AM

Nancy Pelosi ripping Donald Trump's speech may not have been planned, but it was effective

I loved it that she tore it up and I also applaud her for not using the typical announcement when introducing the President (leaving out honor and privilege)!

JDeere 02-05-2020 03:35 PM

Hmmmm

2 not guilty votes...

So that means aquittal?

CherylNYC 02-05-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDeere (Post 1261498)
Hmmmm

2 not guilty votes...

So that means aquittal?

Yes.

Twelve current Republican Senators voted with the minority to convict and remove President Bill Clinton in 1999 because he lied about having oral sex with someone who was not his wife. Those same Senators just voted with the majority of Republicans to acquit that evil f***ing TRAITOR who sold out his own country for his personal benefit. I'm disgusted and about to head out to the protest rally/march in Manhattan. I hope that helps take the bad taste out of my mouth.

C0LLETTE 02-05-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhplowboi (Post 1261252)

Collins invariably takes one step forward and two steps back...what a despicable, dishonest coward.

homoe 02-05-2020 06:06 PM

Susan Collins Says Trump Has “Learned His Lesson” And Will Behave Now.

During an interview with CBS news yesterday, Republican Senator Susan Collins explained why she today was going to vote to acquit Donald Trump. And according to Susan Collins, she wants to acquit Donald Trump because she believes he is totally learned his lesson. Here is what Susan Collins had to say. "I believe that the president has learned from this case. The president has been impeached, and that’s a pretty big lesson, you know"!

homoe 02-05-2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1261505)
Susan Collins Says Trump Has “Learned His Lesson” And Will Behave Now.

During an interview with CBS news yesterday, Republican Senator Susan Collins explained why she today was going to vote to acquit Donald Trump. And according to Susan Collins, she wants to acquit Donald Trump because she believes he is totally learned his lesson. Here is what Susan Collins had to say. "I believe that the president has learned from this case. The president has been impeached, and that’s a pretty big lesson, you know"!

Right and if you believe that, I've got a great deal on a bridge you may want to buy...

kittygrrl 02-05-2020 09:45 PM

Romney's speech gave me hope that there exists some decency in the Republican Party.

homoe 02-06-2020 09:08 AM

How ironic......

~~~
A hate spewing monger (Rush Limbaugh) receives The Presidential Medal of Freedom while a good decent god fearing Christian receives scorn and distaste!

GeorgiaMa'am 02-06-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1261534)
~~~
A hate spewing monger (Rush Limbaugh) receives The Presidential Medal of Freedom while a good decent god fearing Christian receives scorn and distaste!

I know! This is just one more thing on the list of things that I can't believe T***p has done! He still manages to shock me!

charley 02-06-2020 10:54 AM

Trump Acquittal - History repeats itself

This has all been done before... :)

As per the prophetic Mel Brooks film, A History of the World: Part I (1981)

Mel Brooks, as Comicus, says:

"Politics, politics,
politics, politics!

Politics! Yes!
The Roman Senate.

The Roman Senate
is the best legislature
that money can buy!

Corruption starts
in the streets
with the little peddlers.

They bribe an assemblyman,
he bribes a councilman,

the councilman bribes
a senator, and the senator...

It goes all the way
to the Emperor!"

You see, history has truly repeated itself!

The above quote starts at @ 1:57 in the following excerpt from the film:

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNRvz5O9l2s

tantalizingfemme 02-06-2020 07:39 PM

I really hate religion being brought into politics.

ksrainbow 02-06-2020 11:56 PM

"Flood the zone with shit"...a long read:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...misinformation

homoe 02-07-2020 06:54 AM

Donald Trump Jr....

Donald Trump Jr. posted a picture on Instagram calling Sen. Mitt Romney a “pussy” after Rommey announced that he would be voting to convict Trump on one of two impeachment charges.

The picture featured Romney wearing high-waisted jeans, and was captioned: “Mom Jeans, Because you’re a pussy.” “Mitt Romney is forever bitter that he will never be POTUS. He was too weak to beat the Democrats then so he’s joining them now,” Trump Jr. ended his post by calling for Romney to be expelled from the GOP for being part of “the resistance.”

Talk about the apple not falling far from the tree!

homoe 02-07-2020 07:08 AM

National Prayer Breakfast.....

Trump attacked his political rivals at the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday, just hours after his acquittal in the Senate impeachment trial — charging that they had inappropriately invoked "their faith as justification" for calls to remove him from office. The dig appeared to be directed at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah), who have both referenced religion as they explained why they believed Trump needed to be impeached, though the president did not specifically mention the lawmakers by name.Pelosi struck back at the president during a news conference in the Capitol, telling reporters Thursday morning that she found his statements to be "so completely inappropriate" and chiding Trump for "talking about things that he knows little about: Faith and prayer."

Yet Trump has the nerve to call Schiff and Pelosi 'vicious' and 'horrible' people?

homoe 02-07-2020 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1261560)
Trump attacked his political rivals at the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday, just hours after his acquittal in the Senate impeachment trial — charging that they had inappropriately invoked "their faith as justification" for calls to remove him from office. The dig appeared to be directed at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah), who have both referenced religion as they explained why they believed Trump needed to be impeached, though the president did not specifically mention the lawmakers by name.Pelosi struck back at the president during a news conference in the Capitol, telling reporters Thursday morning that she found his statements to be "so completely inappropriate" and chiding Trump for "talking about things that he knows little about: Faith and prayer."

Yet Trump has the nerve to call Schiff and Pelosi 'vicious' and 'horrible' people?