Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics And Law (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Politics-What's on your mind? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8752)

homoe 02-10-2020 05:44 PM

What if he gave a press conference and nobody came....

~~~
I think the thing that would really chap Trumps ass is NOT being besieged with press and reporters!

But like kitty said, fat chance of that happening!!!!

homoe 02-11-2020 11:57 AM

I've just got a nagging gut feeling about this dude.......

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is facing backlash after an audio clip of him defending the controversial “stop-and-frisk” policing strategy in 2015 resurfaced Monday.

In the clip shared on Twitter by podcast host Benjamin Dixon, the now-Democratic presidential candidate can be heard saying during a Q&A at The Aspen Institute that kids in minority neighborhoods need to be “thrown up against the wall” and frisked in order to reduce crime rates.

Here's the thing that bothers me about Bloomberg now that he's running for President! WHENEVER he's asked a controversial question, either about stop and frisk, claims of creating a hostile work environment for women, etc etc he simply brushes them off!

Publicly Gretchen Carlson asked him to release the women involved in NDA with him/his company. Once again brushed it off when reporters asked about it!

And seeing as no women have come forward I guess that'd be a no! He won't be releasing any of them from their NDA!

homoe 02-11-2020 12:06 PM

~~~
President Trump slams sentencing recommendation for Roger Stone as a "miscarriage of justice"

WOW, I'm just shocked and speechless!

Birds of a feather stick together.....

kittygrrl 02-12-2020 10:41 PM

and the bashing continues..:eatinghersheybar:

C0LLETTE 02-13-2020 11:31 AM

"Hope Hicks, one of President Donald Trump’s most trusted and longest-serving aides, is returning to the White House as his reelection campaign moves into high gear."

I'm going to bet a nice bedroom on the second floor of the White House is being redecorated and Melania is furious.

homoe 02-13-2020 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1261869)
"Hope Hicks, one of President Donald Trump’s most trusted and longest-serving aides, is returning to the White House as his reelection campaign moves into high gear."

I'm going to bet a nice bedroom on the second floor of the White House is being redecorated and Melania is furious.

I guess that old line from the Godfather fits this latest development to a tee.......

“Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.”

homoe 02-13-2020 06:56 PM

Barr publicly reprimanding Trump for tweeting???

~~
Talk about collusion! I think they both realized what a shit-storm they had on their hands after Barr stepped in and tried to suggest a lighter sentence for Stone * cough *cough which of course Trump never asked him to do.

I can just picture these two knuckled heads with their little beady eyes in a room coming up with this latest scheme!

homoe 02-13-2020 07:24 PM

Latest from Republicans for the Rule of Law

homoe 02-13-2020 07:25 PM

Made by Republicans for the Rule of Law

homoe 02-13-2020 07:30 PM

'He doesn't give a f---': Trump is making a fool out of every Republican senator who said he learned his lesson from impeachment.

There Susan Collins and others! Put that in your pipe and puff it........

charley 02-15-2020 03:47 AM

Autocracy

I was checking up on what Wikipedia had to say about "autocracy", and this is the quote I found: !!!

"An autocracy is a system of government in which a single person or party (the autocrat) possesses supreme and absolute power. The decisions of this autocrat are subject to neither external legal restraints nor regularized mechanisms of popular control (except perhaps for the implicit threat of a coup d'état or mass insurrection). Absolute monarchies (such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United States, Eswatini, Brunei, and Oman) and dictatorships (such as Turkmenistan, Eritrea, Equatorial Guinea, Belarus, and North Korea) are the main modern-day forms of autocracy."

So, wow!!!

Therefore, this is what Barr, the Republican Party and his majesty - Trump - have succeeded in manufacturing.

Curiously, a recent market research study has stated something to the effect that Americans trust Amazon and Google more than the police or the government, or even teachers and science. "The five most trusted institutions for Republicans are the military, local police, Amazon, the executive branch, and religion." (Vox)

I find the contradiction between what some people down south believe and think and the large gap between that and their inability and ultimate choice to actually not do something about it is mind-boggling. The problem for me is that this attitude is contagious and is spreading globally. It just seems that those who have money and who are making even more money are quite content to allow this situation to continue, develop and expand. I wonder whether this complacency will continue as long as the "economy" in the States continues to do well, and enrich those who, for example, like to play the stock market. I must also come to the unfortunate conclusion that it is this very contradiction in the collective mind that is facilitating the growth of autocracy. What I am saying is that such division and mistrust is in itself a breeding ground for the birth and development of autocracy in general. I worry about how this will effect Canada.

~ocean 02-15-2020 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1261876)
I guess that old line from the Godfather fits this latest development to a tee.......

“Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.”

lolololololol that's all folks ! lol

~ocean 02-15-2020 08:06 AM

~

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1261877)
~~
Talk about collusion! I think they both realized what a shit-storm they had on their hands after Barr stepped in and tried to suggest a lighter sentence for Stone * cough *cough which of course Trump never asked him to do.

I can just picture these two knuckled heads with their little beady eyes in a room coming up with this latest scheme!

Barr is a lousy actor ~ I don't believe a bit of it :blink::blink::blink::blink:

homoe 02-18-2020 06:28 PM

The first poll of Susan Collins’ 2020 senate race shows her tied with Democratic challenger.

I'm guessing she's "concerned"...........

kittygrrl 02-18-2020 08:31 PM

Right now I am very disappointed with all the Democratic candidates who are attacking Bloomberg. If you want to argue policy or ideas that is one thing but attacking someone because they have money is not my idea of who i want the President to be. They are all behaving like Trump including Bernie who i was happy to vote for until he started attacking Bloomberg because he is a curmudgeon bitter egotistical 77 year old, and is interested in protecting himself instead of looking at the bigger picture. Every candidate who attacks Bloomberg instead of working to unite us in winning the presidency will NOT get my vote.

dark_crystal 02-19-2020 06:27 AM

The issue with Bloomberg is that he is buying the election. My city (Houston) is reliably blue and hotly contested. It has been wall-to-wall Bloomberg ads down here for 2 months. The only reason regular, non-media people are taking him seriously AT ALL is because he just wore us down by making us look at him every day and because Bernie is doing too well

homoe 02-19-2020 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1262160)
The first poll of Susan Collins’ 2020 senate race shows her tied with Democratic challenger.

I'm guessing she's "concerned"...........

New Maine poll shows Susan Collins and Sara Gideon nearly tied in 2020 race

Sorry, I omitted the name of Collins top challenger in yesterday's post!

homoe 02-19-2020 08:24 AM

Mike Bloomberg called transgender people 'it' and 'some guy wearing a dress'

The Human Rights Campaign is calling for Bloomberg to apologize over his comments.

These comments were made as far back as 2016 and again as recent as 2019.

Ginger 02-19-2020 08:37 AM

The pardons. That's what's on my mind. Trump's disgraceful pardoning of white collar white criminals Michael Milken, Rod Blagojevich, Bernard Kerik and Ed DeBartolo Jr. Who's next? Roger Stone? And if he's convicted, Harvey Weinstein? Every dictator needs a phalanx of monied lackies who aren't afraid to break the law tight around him. Is there a role for them in Trump's next incarnation? Thoughts like these used to seem crazy. We didn't know then what crazy was.

homoe 02-19-2020 02:51 PM