Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics And Law (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Politics-What's on your mind? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8752)

cathexis 10-16-2019 05:43 PM

In the Primary last night, Kamala Harris showed her true "prosecutor" nature. Hope many viewers were able to hear and identify that attitude. IMHO, we need neither a Prosecutor nor a Cop in the Executive Branch. Sounds like it would be too Authoritarian. Nothing like what we have now, though

homoe 10-19-2019 08:36 AM

HA HA some funny stuff.......

Kätzchen 10-19-2019 11:40 AM

The flags on campus were lowered, this past week, in honor of the Honorable US-HOP Elijah Cummings, since he passed the other day.

Then last night I read how his widow might possibly carry on in Elijah's stead. I sure do hope that comes to pass.

She's got the most gorgeous smile, ever. And I am sure she will carry out Elijah's mission and legacy with exactitude.

homoe 10-19-2019 05:28 PM

Susan Collins come out come out from wherever you've been hiding...........

As Inquiry Widens, McConnell Sees Impeachment Trial as Inevitable. Predicts House will impeach Trump fast.

Oh my oh my what will Susan Collins do when it gets to the Senate....:deepthoughts:

charley 10-21-2019 05:28 PM

Canadian Election - Results coming in

Am watching the results just beginning to come in on CBC news network..., and I am slightly nervous - being a senior and concerned with who wins (which will impact on potential services being cut, depending on who forms the next gov't)...

charley 10-22-2019 03:21 AM

Canadian Election - Results

Well, it looks like a projected Liberal minority government (waves goodbye to Conservative Scheer's plans) I am relieved! :)

homoe 11-06-2019 06:50 PM

~~
If Elizabeth Warren becomes the Democratic Party Nominee in 2002, I certainly hope that Hillary Clinton gets out and campaigns for her as hard as Warren did for Clinton in 2016!

I'm not exactly sure why, perhaps a case of sour grapes, but I have a hard time picture this happening and that will be a shame IMHO!

homoe 11-07-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1256178)
~~
If Elizabeth Warren becomes the Democratic Party Nominee in 2002, I certainly hope that Hillary Clinton gets out and campaigns for her as hard as Warren did for Clinton in 2016!

I'm not exactly sure why, perhaps a case of sour grapes, but I have a hard time picture this happening and that will be a shame IMHO!

This holds true for any female who might be the 2020 candidate. I hope Hillary gets out and supports them!

Martina 11-07-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1256202)
This holds true for any female who might be the 2020 candidate. I hope Hillary gets out and supports them!

I doubt they'd want her help.

homoe 11-12-2019 10:17 AM

Nikki Haley..........

~~
Another in a long line who has sullied their reputation in regards to Trump!

Perhaps it's not too big a price to pay for becoming Vice President??

homoe 11-12-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martina (Post 1256211)
I doubt they'd want her help.

Are there rumblings she might still toss her hat in the ring?

homoe 11-12-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1256604)
Are there rumblings she might still toss her hat in the ring?

IF so, lets hope someone talks her out of it.......

Jedi 11-25-2019 12:01 PM

Article worth the read

https://www.ft.com/content/b41d0ee6-...-KoOqYkCn_Hh_g

Jedi 11-26-2019 10:31 AM

File this under wtf

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bill...214229930.html

Jedi 11-26-2019 11:24 AM

This man has honor

https://taskandpurpose.com/navy-secr...6nhkP2FTHirq-8

charley 12-13-2019 12:31 PM

Boris & the Conservatives win in UK

Well, last night, I watched all the election results coming in on "Election 2019" on BBC World News on TV. Having tried to keep fairly well-informed as to world events, politically, I am not at all surprised at Boris' win, a majority win for the Conservatives with the Labour Party suffering a major devastating loss (Labour's leader Corbyn will step down).

I am not at all surprised at the outcome, because I now understand how people - worldwide - are caught in the fear of insecurity and consequent attitude of "what's in it for me", i.e. a materialistic stance, given that many who work must work incredible hours (sometimes holding down more than one job, just to keep up) with little or no chance of any kind of job security - it is, I think, a global situation that has been manufactured by rich capitalists. It appears to be a vicious circle to me.

In the UK, many blame leadership (cough!) i.e. Corbyn, for Labour Party's loss in their election. For example, he proposed a 4-day work week all the while keeping a 5-day work salary. One of the problems of this proposal which concerned many voters was how on earth would he pay for it... !!

There were other problems with Corbyn (quite a few of his party who were running for seats had been accused of anti-Antisemitism). However, during the past few months, I did see a few interviews of Corbyn and he would launch into rather idealistic/intellectual blah-blah when asked point blank questions and personally, nothing he said resonated with me; in other words, I was turned off. In the end, he seemed to appear to refuse to answer questions directly. Moreover, he seemed to be arguing and debating to those in his own party and/or to some idealistic goal he had in his head rather than speaking to and with the electorate viewing the interview. It is always so annoying and such a waste of time and energy when you listen to someone speaking at you instead of with you.

And, then, on the other hand, Boris, spoke directly to the people, in a way, giving them the impression that he understood them and could relate to their wants, desires and needs. So, even though these "wants, desires and needs" had been manufactured by rich capitalists over many decades, what he actually did was use his understanding of the consequent fears of the electorate re: their manufactured "wants, desires and needs" in order to win. Of course, there was the very familiar "nationalistic" ploy that Boris used - in the UK's case - "Get Brexit done!" (in the same way that other world leaders tend to use "nationalism" as a means to get elected) thus appearing to allay other "fears" of the electorate. What a clever so-and-so... sigh!

Corbyn's "failure" and Boris' "win" made me reflect on what is happening in the U.S., where many would have problems with Warren's proposal of medical care or even some of the other candidates running for Presidency, because the bottom line for many caught in the materialistic spider-web - whether rich, middle-class, or poor - would be "well, how on earth will she pay for it....?", and the usual and materialistic "what's in it for me?".

All of which reminds me that the bottom line for most people who are caught in a materialistic stance is similar to the "Great Material Continuum" belief - a Ferengi concept of economics and trade as espoused by Star Trek's DS9 Nog as the only means as to how to navigate through life (in an episode most appropriately entitled "Treachery, Faith and the Great River").

Insofar as I am concerned, the Ferengis seem to have taken over the world! lol :)

nhplowboi 12-13-2019 02:57 PM

Ok, we can argue back and forth about the Trump/Zelensky phone call (only because we are dealing with a "rough transcript" from a man who lies daily and we have a pretty good idea of what was probably truly said), but how do you negate his obstruction of Congress??!! Refusal to allow witnesses to testify.....refusal to produce documents....come on now.... seems pretty obstructive to me.

JDeere 12-13-2019 05:04 PM

I'm tired of hearing politics to be honest. Just do what needs done and move on.

Get back to real life please instead of a circus show.

homoe 12-13-2019 05:37 PM

People who live in glass houses should never throw stones.....

homoe 12-13-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1258500)

People who live in glass houses should never throw stones.....