Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Arkansas Forums (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Arkansas Folks! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1121)

Medusa 04-04-2010 08:58 AM

Arkansas Folks!

Anyone else in Arkansas?! I know I saw a few of you around - Drop by and say "Hello"!

las68 04-09-2010 06:00 AM

Hi!

Yep, I'm here. Didn't think there was anyone else from Arkansas around. Cool!

Medusa 04-09-2010 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by las68 (Post 81750)
Yep, I'm here. Didn't think there was anyone else from Arkansas around. Cool!

Hey Neighbor!

Yeah, there are a few of us Arkies on this forum! (I think 6 or 7 at least?!)
We need to get everyone rounded up and have a mini-BFP get together!

las68 04-09-2010 08:25 AM

Okie Dokie! Does it matter that I'm a transplanted Arkansan? Lol!

Medusa 04-09-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by las68 (Post 81789)
Okie Dokie! Does it matter that I'm a transplanted Arkansan? Lol!

Nah, we'll forgive you for your transgressions *snort* :P

Heck, I think nowadays there are few in Arkansas who were actually born here. I was born here but moved to Los Angeles and have only been back home since August :)

Where are you from originally?

las68 04-09-2010 09:58 AM

Columbus Georgia. I transfered here 10yrs ago. Work in Little Rock... Still don't have much of a social circle

Medusa 04-09-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by las68 (Post 81813)
Columbus Georgia. I transfered here 10yrs ago. Work in Little Rock... Still don't have much of a social circle

Ahhh, ok! You get a few points for at LEAST being Southern. :cheesy:

We can fix the social circle thing! Jack and I are trying to find new friends as well. We like to grill out, fish, dig for treasures at flea markets, etc. Oh, and of course: run this website. :admin:

Conway Pride is coming up ;)

las68 04-09-2010 10:20 AM

Yep, I'm a southern girl. Grew up fishin and swimmin and causing trouble. Lol! My latest ex and I went to pride in Eureka Springs this past Oct. Its was ok. I work nights and most weekends, so I don't get out much. Hard to meet anyone, much less, "the one".

las68 04-09-2010 10:37 AM

Better get some sleep now... Long night ahead. Later ya'll

Medusa 04-09-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by las68 (Post 81821)
Yep, I'm a southern girl. Grew up fishin and swimmin and causing trouble. Lol! My latest ex and I went to pride in Eureka Springs this past Oct. Its was ok. I work nights and most weekends, so I don't get out much. Hard to meet anyone, much less, "the one".

I hear you on the crazy hours! Jackhammer (my partner) has an insane work schedule so we have to get pretty creative with our time.

When you went to Eureka last Oct., was it pretty crowded? I have been wanting to get Jackhammer up to Eureka because I have been telling her how beautiful it is but I wanted to go when it wasnt so crazy.

Maybe we can all plan a "float the Buffalo" trip or something!

Get some sleep - good chatting with you :)

las68 04-09-2010 09:02 PM

It was a little crowded, but it was ok. Halloween weekend and pride at the same time! Woohoo!

Medusa 04-10-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by las68 (Post 82333)
It was a little crowded, but it was ok. Halloween weekend and pride at the same time! Woohoo!

Halloween sounds like a BLAST! And probably a great time to take her up there - Its always a really pretty drive in the Fall :)

There are lots of events coming up over the next few months here:

* Conway Pride Celebration
* Little Rock Capitol Pride
and especially...
* the big party for this website!

I think that the Center for Artistic Revolution is having several events as well, just need to check their calendar.

las68 04-11-2010 02:25 AM

Yea!! I'm off the first weekend of may!! What to do? Hmmmm... Toad Suck? Nah, didn't like it last time.

rockybcn 04-11-2010 03:08 AM

Hello Medusa and Jack!

I was wondering if you two have ever been to the Ron Coleman mines outside of Hot Springs? I went mining there for quartz crystals and came back with a nice load of real beauties. I would like to go back again and mine for diamonds. Could be a fun thing to do getting peeps together for a mining adventure!

" One of the most outstanding is Ron Coleman's Crystal Mine, not to be confused with Coleman's Crystal Mine, which is located in Jessieville, Arkansas. This has been a premiere mine for rockhounds and for $20 rockhounds can dig all day and keep everything they find.

About an hour south of Hot Springs is Crater of Diamonds State Park located in Murfreesborough, Arkansas. Here rockhounds can dig through 37 acres of the plowed remains of an old lava pipe in search of diamonds. Crater of Diamonds State Park is the only diamond mine in the world open to the public for digging and produces hundreds of diamonds each year."

Read more at Suite101: Best Pay-to-Dig Native Gem Mining Sites: Dig for Valuable Gems and Minerals and Earn Money http://hobbies.suite101.com/article....#ixzz0kmTWA6Xj

Medusa 04-11-2010 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockybcn (Post 83109)
Hello Medusa and Jack!

I was wondering if you two have ever been to the Ron Coleman mines outside of Hot Springs? I went mining there for quartz crystals and came back with a nice load of real beauties. I would like to go back again and mine for diamonds. Could be a fun thing to do getting peeps together for a mining adventure!

" One of the most outstanding is Ron Coleman's Crystal Mine, not to be confused with Coleman's Crystal Mine, which is located in Jessieville, Arkansas. This has been a premiere mine for rockhounds and for $20 rockhounds can dig all day and keep everything they find.

About an hour south of Hot Springs is Crater of Diamonds State Park located in Murfreesborough, Arkansas. Here rockhounds can dig through 37 acres of the plowed remains of an old lava pipe in search of diamonds. Crater of Diamonds State Park is the only diamond mine in the world open to the public for digging and produces hundreds of diamonds each year."

Read more at Suite101: Best Pay-to-Dig Native Gem Mining Sites: Dig for Valuable Gems and Minerals and Earn Money http://hobbies.suite101.com/article....#ixzz0kmTWA6Xj

I had no idea there was a crystal mine!

Admittedly, I've never gone and looked for rocks, crystals, etc. but the idea of coming home with a handful of crystals is totally intriguing!
I'd love to get a group together - I bet Niceguy would like to go do this too :)

clusus 04-12-2010 01:47 PM

Hello everyone! I'm in Eureka Springs... Just joined today.

WolfyOne 04-12-2010 02:10 PM

I'm sneekin' in this thread just to say I want to come and do fun things, too

Exit stage left

WolfyOne 04-12-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clusus (Post 84023)
Hello everyone! I'm in Eureka Springs... Just joined today.

Welcome to the planet :)

clusus 04-12-2010 02:14 PM

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting all in Arkansas and other areas.

las68 04-12-2010 04:09 PM

Hey there. How are things in the mountains today? Have things calmed down after the big weekend?