Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   LGBT Activism, Allies, ETC. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Which Gay Pride March are you going to this year? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3263)

SoberBoi 05-20-2011 05:45 AM

Which Gay Pride March are you going to this year?

There are many awesome pride marches every year to show your pride and show a presence to remind people of the rights and privileges that many people still don't have.... rights that other people take for granted.

Show your pride and be counted this year!

Tell us which pride marches you are going to....

I am going to Asbury, NJ Pride and NYC. :firetruck:

CherylNYC 05-20-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoberBoi (Post 342389)
There are many awesome pride marches every year to show your pride and show a presence to remind people of the rights and privileges that many people still don't have.... rights that other people take for granted.

Show your pride and be counted this year!

Tell us which pride marches you are going to....

I am going to Asbury, NJ Pride and NYC. :firetruck:

I'm sorry I'll miss you for NJ Pride in Asbury Park. For the last few years I've led/organised the motorcycle contingent. Unfortunately, I had a serious accident and I won't be allowed to ride this year. It will be the first time in 25 years that I won't be riding my own bike in NYC Pride, either. I'll still be in the motorcycle contingent because an old friend was able to come up with a sidecar rig to ferry me down 5th Ave. I feel very lucky because this is the 25th anniversary of the Sirens Women's M.C., and I'm the last active Founding Member. It's really meaningful for me to be able to participate in the Pride Parade this year even though I won't be on my own bike.

Guy 05-20-2011 08:37 AM

Hopefully the Orlando Pride.

I went last year and I had a great time. It's by far the best Pride event in the area

wolfbittenpoet 05-20-2011 08:50 AM

St Pete Pride first
Then Orlando then North Pinellas Pride

EnderD_503 05-20-2011 08:57 AM

Toronto Pride unless something major changes my plans (never know these days :( )...though even then I can imagine myself being dragged there anyway lol

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out this year, since the Ford brothers and Mammoliti not to mention the JDL all seem to be crusading against the city funding Pride this year...and organizers won't even know if it will be until late May - early June. How did we end up with that moron in office again? :seeingstars:

lipstixgal 05-20-2011 09:03 AM

I'm going to NJ pride and then probably NY pride as well...hope to see some folks there!!

weatherboi 05-20-2011 09:20 AM

Columbus Ohio and Jacksonville Florida
so far...

MaggieBluIze 05-20-2011 10:05 AM

I have a hope of NY, but don't think I can this year.
I know I'm going to the Austin one and hope to go to the San Antonio one.
Wouldn't mind hitting up the Houston one either, but we'll see. :)

OS Butch 05-20-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylNYC (Post 342497)
I'm sorry I'll miss you for NJ Pride in Asbury Park. For the last few years I've led/organised the motorcycle contingent. Unfortunately, I had a serious accident and I won't be allowed to ride this year. It will be the first time in 25 years that I won't be riding my own bike in NYC Pride, either. I'll still be in the motorcycle contingent because an old friend was able to come up with a sidecar rig to ferry me down 5th Ave. I feel very lucky because this is the 25th anniversary of the Sirens Women's M.C., and I'm the last active Founding Member. It's really meaningful for me to be able to participate in the Pride Parade this year even though I won't be on my own bike.

Sirens Women's MC?! Years ago when I was riding, I think our womens motorcycle group did something with the Sirens, I don't think it was DC Pride....but it could have been. Memory is pretty foggy but was mid 1980's. We were Phoenix Womens MC in Prince William County, Va....Do you remember the Chrome Rose?

OSB

Fancy 05-20-2011 11:58 AM

Hopefully gonna get to Toronto again this year, Buffalo, Rochester.

always2late 05-20-2011 12:22 PM

I am hoping to get the day off from work so I can go to Pride in Asbury Park, NJ. I try to go every year....but sometimes the job can be uncooperative :)

AtLast 05-20-2011 12:46 PM

All 3 in San Francisco- Trans Pride, Dyke Pride March and Gay Pride. Three day weekend!

storyofmylife 05-20-2011 12:51 PM

Will march with an Awesome B-F group at the
NYC pride!!! :hangloose:

CherylNYC 05-20-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OS Butch (Post 342608)
Sirens Women's MC?! Years ago when I was riding, I think our womens motorcycle group did something with the Sirens, I don't think it was DC Pride....but it could have been. Memory is pretty foggy but was mid 1980's. We were Phoenix Womens MC in Prince William County, Va....Do you remember the Chrome Rose?

OSB

Chrome Rose Review!! Gin & Sue are still doing wonderful projects for women and motorcycling. After producing their last Women's Motorcycle Festival they spent many years raising money for breast cancer research through the Pony Express Tour. They're still going strong with projects for Kawasaki, etc.

I don't remember a joint venture in DC. Could we have met at one of the Women's Motorcycle Fests?

OS Butch 05-20-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylNYC (Post 342718)
Chrome Rose Review!! Gin & Sue are still doing wonderful projects for women and motorcycling. After producing their last Women's Motorcycle Festival they spent many years raising money for breast cancer research through the Pony Express Tour. They're still going strong with projects for Kawasaki, etc.

I don't remember a joint venture in DC. Could we have met at one of the Women's Motorcycle Fests?

Well....We did go to a festival in Upstate New York....Ithaca? That is taxing my memory! But, I do recall on the last day a streaker running through the mess hall wearing only her helmet....Was that you?! lol.

CherylNYC 05-20-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OS Butch (Post 342731)
Well....We did go to a festival in Upstate New York....Ithaca? That is taxing my memory! But, I do recall on the last day a streaker running through the mess hall wearing only her helmet....Was that you?! lol.

Ha! That streaker was my friend, KB who moved to SF and then to Europe. The event was one of the Women's Motorcycle Festivals, and it was held in the Rochester area. It's nice to meet you again.

iamkeri1 05-20-2011 11:30 PM

I'm in Long Beach CA right now. The festival starts tomorrow. The parade is Sunday. I'm so excited to be here visitng my best friend and going to pride with her.

Some of us central Floridians are planning to attend the Pinellas County Pride together in October. I just found out about St Petersburg Pride, I don't have the details on that yet, but it's not to farr from where I live and I'd like to go to that too.

Smooches,
Keri

Wryly 05-20-2011 11:56 PM

I hope to make the Toronto Dyke March this year. With any luck I'll be able to do the Pride Parade too.

Rook 05-21-2011 03:26 AM

Columbus, Ohio probably, if I can figure all my arrangements that weekend, maybe meet again with someone I met while up there this week [hopefully, heh].
:aslpeacelove:

proximitywithoutintimacy 05-21-2011 06:34 PM

SLC Pride ;)