Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Game of Thrones (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3364)

Arwen 06-10-2011 10:38 AM

Game of Thrones

Any Game of Thrones fans here? Are you hooked on this show the way I am?

I'd love to discuss. :tea:

Linus 06-10-2011 10:43 AM

The books are impressive and we're just starting to watch the TV series. I think we missed the first few episodes. I'm hoping they re-run them before they start the 2nd series (I cannot imagine they'd start the series and not continue with the additional books)

Arwen 06-10-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 356051)
The books are impressive and we're just starting to watch the TV series. I think we missed the first few episodes. I'm hoping they re-run them before they start the 2nd series (I cannot imagine they'd start the series and not continue with the additional books)

IF the series is popular (and I think it is doing well), it will have another season. Right now I'm in love with Khal Drogo and also, *whispers*, the Imp. I can't help it. The Imp's smart-ass attitude is sexy!

suebee 06-10-2011 10:56 AM

I absolutely LOVE this show! I haven't seen the last couple of weeks, but will catch up on the internet. Would love to read the book.

Arwen 06-10-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suebee (Post 356056)
I absolutely LOVE this show! I haven't seen the last couple of weeks, but will catch up on the internet. Would love to read the book.

I haven't read any in the series, but I will. :)

Jess 06-10-2011 11:21 AM

I am hooked! Christie just got the book. From the looks of it, it is a trilogy?...or series???
I like the Imp too. Is he the same guy from Station Agent? At any rate, I do love his character. He is the only Lannister I like, though! Grrr spit on the rest...

Arwen 06-10-2011 11:29 AM

A Song of Ice and Fire is a series of epic fantasy novels by American novelist and screenwriter George R. R. Martin. Martin began writing the series in 1991 and the first volume was published in 1996. Originally planned as a trilogy, the series now consists of four published volumes with the fifth expected to be published on July 12, 2011 and a further two planned. In addition there are three prequel novellas available, with several more planned, and a series of novellas consisting of excerpts of the main novels. One of these excerpt novellas has won a Hugo Award. The series has been translated into more than 20 languages[1] and the fourth volume reached the top of The New York Times bestseller lists upon its release.[2] Overall, the series has more than 6 million copies in print in the USA[3] and sold more than 7 million worldwide.[4]

Full article here.

Linus 06-10-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jess (Post 356062)
I am hooked! Christie just got the book. From the looks of it, it is a trilogy?...or series???
I like the Imp too. Is he the same guy from Station Agent? At any rate, I do love his character. He is the only Lannister I like, though! Grrr spit on the rest...

It's a series and as a series, it's even more intricate than Tolkein is. I think I need to read from Feast of Crows onwards still..

foxyshaman 06-10-2011 04:59 PM

LOVE IT!!!!

SFFemmePrincess 06-10-2011 05:32 PM

I love it!!! I want to read the books! I think so far my favorite part was how the Khalise has found her powerful and is becoming "fierce." When they killed her brother I was very happy! He was a douchebag!

wolfbittenpoet 06-10-2011 05:41 PM

Haven't watched the series yet but the books are awesome. I've got to climb up in the attic and get them again.

Arwen 06-10-2011 10:31 PM

So far Khaleesi Danrys is the one who has the most interesting character development.

The Imp has the best lines. :)

EnderD_503 06-13-2011 05:35 PM

A fan of both the books and the tv series. I've been watching it fairly avidly and think it's been really well done. When they cast Sean Bean as Eddard I wasn't sure at first how closely they'd follow the books. It's cool that they cast such a well-known actor for that role.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwen (Post 356452)
So far Khaleesi Danrys is the one who has the most interesting character development.

The Imp has the best lines. :)

Hehe, well if they continue to follow the books she gets much more interesting :D Dany's awesome.

I also love who they chose to cast Arya Stark and how they've portrayed her true to form. Love how they've done Jon Snow's character, too.

For those who haven't/aren't able to catch the series on TV check out Project Free TV: http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/i.../season_1.html Oh and the potlucker links are the best/most reliable, imo, even among the other fast loaders.

Btw, just cause I saw it mentioned here, HBO has actually already confirmed the second season and they're going to start production soon last I read.

Arwen 06-13-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnderD_503 (Post 358364)
I also love who they chose to cast Arya Stark and how they've portrayed her true to form. Love how they've done Jon Snow's character, too.

For those who haven't/aren't able to catch the series on TV check out Project Free TV: http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/i.../season_1.html Oh and the potlucker links are the best/most reliable, imo, even among the other fast loaders.

Btw, just cause I saw it mentioned here, HBO has actually already confirmed the second season and they're going to start production soon last I read.

That's GREAT news. :) I'm watching the latest episode right now. I still love the Imp. Even more now after that battle scene. Half man! Half man!

Ebon 06-13-2011 11:02 PM

Well my Stargate is all watched I will have to check out this Game of Thrones.

Arwen 06-13-2011 11:15 PM

I may have just launched into a strong round of f**ity F**k F**k and then shot off two emails to my best friend who is also watching it.

WHAT
THE
FUCK!

Yes. I cursed. I save it for strong emotions. This episode produced really strong emotions in me.

Next week is the season finale.

SFFemmePrincess 06-14-2011 12:37 AM

I just got done watching the latest episode too! I can't believe it! The last scene was really well done and incredibly emotional. Not having read the books, I had no idea what was coming, and was completely shocked. Its going to be FOREVER until the next season. Oh well, at least True Blood is almost here!

Arwen 06-14-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissVarda (Post 358637)
I just got done watching the latest episode too! I can't believe it! The last scene was really well done and incredibly emotional. Not having read the books, I had no idea what was coming, and was completely shocked. Its going to be FOREVER until the next season. Oh well, at least True Blood is almost here!

LOL! That's what my BFF said as well about True Blood. I'm also ready for season two of HBO's Boardwalk. I got into that show but not like Game of Throne.

I'm still reeling and can't wait to see this week's episode. But I'll have to wait until Monday. I'm heading out of town to see my honey.

SFFemmePrincess 06-16-2011 02:11 AM

I can't wait too! I am definitely going to start reading the books since I will have time between the series.

Arwen 06-16-2011 09:30 AM

For me, the final scene in that last episode was incredibly well done. But who was the man who grabbed Arya?

Edited: Yoren. It was Yoren.