Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Geocaching anyone? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5756)

cinnamongrrl 09-28-2012 05:12 PM

Geocaching anyone?

Ive been geocaching since about 2008. It's a really fun thing to do, especially if you like outdoorsy things, history, and arcane knowledge in general :) If you want to learn more go to www.geocaching.com

Scuba 09-28-2012 05:19 PM

Two thumbs up for Geocaching!!

Teddybear 09-28-2012 05:24 PM

Baby

I cant wait to really get into this. I love being with you and the places we have been to find the few we have found i like. To me just going to the places with you is worth more then anything else.

I have a few places I want to take you but I dont know if there is a cache there or not but I think you will enjoy the places

Justin 09-28-2012 06:11 PM

This is so much fun I can't wait to introduce my love to this !!!! What a blast we would have lol!!!

cinnamongrrl 09-28-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin (Post 663681)
This is so much fun I can't wait to introduce my love to this !!!! What a blast we would have lol!!!

Justin, it is SO much fun! It has it's own community also and "events" which are like get togethers and caching en masse. I would suggest reading the geocaching glossary for terminology....and start getting some "swag" (small fun trade items) to put in the larger caches so you can do exchanges. Travel bugs are my personal favorite :) I hope your other half enjoys it too! I lrike to tell new people its like hiking with a purpose...or an adult scavenger hunt :) I can be found under several names on the site. Libbywood and mntlvers being 2 of them. I have to be reminded by Teddy what name we chose for our caching... lol

Teddybear 09-28-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 (Post 663700)
Justin, it is SO much fun! It has it's own community also and "events" which are like get togethers and caching en masse. I would suggest reading the geocaching glossary for terminology....and start getting some "swag" (small fun trade items) to put in the larger caches so you can do exchanges. Travel bugs are my personal favorite :) I hope your other half enjoys it too! I lrike to tell new people its like hiking with a purpose...or an adult scavenger hunt :) I can be found under several names on the site. Libbywood and mntlvers being 2 of them. I have to be reminded by Teddy what name we chose for our caching... lol

I think its finallyfoundit

Beachcomber 05-01-2014 10:39 PM

Does anyone here I the PNW geocache?

anaisninja 05-02-2014 12:21 AM

Hi Beachcomber, I've always been interested in trying geocaching but I've never gotten around to it.

I *think* there may be a local geocaching meetup group.

Either way, want to get a group together and try it?

PS - I just went to that website and found a free app for that.

Beachcomber 05-02-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anaisninja (Post 907144)
Hi Beachcomber, I've always been interested in trying geocaching but I've never gotten around to it.

I *think* there may be a local geocaching meetup group.

Either way, want to get a group together and try it?

PS - I just went to that website and found a free app for that.

A group is exactly what I would like to do. Anyone interested Please PM me for location and details. Lets see if we can find a group and have some fun!

cinnamongrrl 05-02-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachcomber (Post 907311)
A group is exactly what I would like to do. Anyone interested Please PM me for location and details. Lets see if we can find a group and have some fun!

its not the easiest thing to find...but...there is an events calendar on the geocaching site. This can lead you to geocaching events...and meetups with area cachers. You can search by state and by month...its worth a look :) I love the geocaching community..

Beachcomber 05-04-2014 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl (Post 907313)
its not the easiest thing to find...but...there is an events calendar on the geocaching site. This can lead you to geocaching events...and meetups with area cachers. You can search by state and by month...its worth a look :) I love the geocaching community..

Thanks I will check that out! Too bad you are on the other coast or you could join us!

cinnamongrrl 11-10-2014 06:14 PM

This is a prime example of why I love geocaching:

I have moved several times in the last few months...each time in a new place is an adjustment. I need to learn my way around etc...

I Have always found that geocaching gives me a more purposeful meandering...so...

I finally perused the local caches and...there was a witch trial in my new town WAYYYYY back in the history of the town. (they are not specific about when) but there is a cache at the site of the trial....sigh... I do love history!

:byebye:

SleepyButch 11-10-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl (Post 947798)
This is a prime example of why I love geocaching:

I have moved several times in the last few months...each time in a new place is an adjustment. I need to learn my way around etc...

I Have always found that geocaching gives me a more purposeful meandering...so...

I finally perused the local caches and...there was a witch trial in my new town WAYYYYY back in the history of the town. (they are not specific about when) but there is a cache at the site of the trial....sigh... I do love history!

:byebye:

One of my exes tried to get me to go geocaching with her and stupidly, I never did. I'd love to do it now but I will never tell her that lol.

LaDivina 11-10-2014 06:40 PM

I thought about trying geocaching several years ago, but never did. Someone was always worrying about me traipsing around in the woods by myself. LOL

Hmmm, something to think about.

Logicaly 11-10-2014 07:03 PM

I enjoy geocaching and it has been quite some time since I got out and participated in it but I am thinking it will be something fun to do with my nephew.

cinnamongrrl 10-18-2017 01:41 PM

So...

I've taken up caching once again. I really missed it! I went and bought all kinds of Halloween swag for the caches I find.

Today I got 3 out of 5. Not bad.

CherryWine 10-18-2017 02:02 PM

I keep saying that I am going to try this, but have yet to do so. It sounds fun!

Logicaly 11-09-2017 09:14 PM

I was just telling bright_arrow the other day that I want to get back out and start geocaching again.

Kosmo 01-15-2018 02:54 PM

Yep, we do. Great fun. We go through idle periods, then we'll get the itch.

Logicaly 01-15-2018 10:05 PM

We are the same way, we go through idle periods but always end up jumping back into it eventually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmo (Post 1193068)
Yep, we do. Great fun. We go through idle periods, then we'll get the itch.