Old 05-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #17
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybcn View Post
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._diabetes.html

Hi all! I thought I would include an article about a natural sweetener derived from a plant that is safe for diabetics. My ex is an herbalist and this is what she recommended. The best tasting stevia is called Sweet Leaf (IMHO).
Have any of you heard of it or tried it? Its really sweet so you dont have to use much, and its a great alternative to all the other sugar alternatives.
Wishing you all the very best!
Thank you for posting about stevia! Not only is it safe for diabetics, I've found that it seems to help keep my numbers stable.

Before being diagnosed I was drinking an average of 3 cokes a day...switched to diet coke, which certainly helps but when I instead make a pitcher of ice tea with stevia and have that instead my numbers are better than when I'm drinking the diet soda. Bizarre, since there's no sugar involved in either one...but the stevia seems to be a positive thing for me.

I didn't know about Sobe Lifewater using stevia as a sweetener...thanks for that info Nikki! That gives me a better choice to grab when we're out running around.