Old 05-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #57
canadianmusician

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him/He/His
Relationship Status:
Poly & D/s

canadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
OK, so the people from the funeral home where we had my father's funeral called this week, they want me to buy a casket and plan my own funeral.

Not the call I was wanting...

I guess since Walmart now carries caskets, they are having to beat the bushes to find victims? clients? what would one call it?
Apocalipstic...I'm so sorry to hear that happened. That's really tacky and not professional. Did you report them to the local funeral directors assc? Embalmers and Directors are all licenced by provincial/state boards.

It's fine to advertise....I mean, a funeral home is a business and there are costs associated but I would NEVER call up the family of someone who's passed away asking them to buy a pre-plan. My fear is that it would retraumatize the family.

The best way to get business is to have reasonable costs, make sure the family gets what they want, and it's a profession where it's just a given that you'll go out of your way in some respects. It really upsets me that the funeral home called you and asked you to buy a pre-plan. They should have called to see how you were doing.
canadianmusician is offline   Reply With Quote