The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Never say never! I think things are cyclical - and I really do believe that there will come a time (again!) that the people of Ontario are so tired of the evil Conservatives and the stupid Liberals that they'll give the NDP another crack at it.

It's really a shame about the Liberal party. They haven't had a decent leader since Jean Chrétien (say what you will about him, but I liked the guy), which is so clearly a big part of why we are in our current mess. Jesus, why is it so hard for them to come up with a frontman with more likability than Harper? That guy is such a shitstick!

God, did I really just admit that a good portion of winning votes (not MY vote, but votes in general) has to do with likability?

Lickability is good, too. That's how the US got Bill Clinton - he's a babe!

The question is who's likeability? The local MP or the PM? It appears that the Conservatives are on a rise right now, especially with the economy on an upswing. Harper is and always will be a Bush wannabe. I would still prefer the Green party to the NDP but that's a personal preference (I dislike that unions protect workers who don't do their job because they don't want to, not because of illness or what-have-you).

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote