Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Not quite, Mel.....] < <
Thanks so much for the link...I'da made a mess outta the cupcake pan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jewel View Post
Leafy green vegetables are a great source of iron. I.E. Spinach and any dark leaf lettuce.

Hope this helps,
Jewel
Thank you for the suggestions. I'm trying to add the green leafy stuff, but don't really have ideas other than salad salad salad. I LOVE salads but usually have more toppings (cheese, egg, garbanzo beans, beets, etc) than leafy stuff lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Mel, red meat in general, especially if you pair it with something acidic, is iron-rich. For example, steak marinated in balsamic vinaigrette and then BBQ'd has more available iron that steak broiled... but if you drink something acidic with your meal, you get the same effect.

Also, when you have spinach, try it with lemon juice (like in spanakopita) for the same enhanced availabilty. Lentils are also high in iron.
Thank you so much Bitty Bit....

*points honey to alllll these helpful hints so she can remind me what we learned today*
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote