View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #35
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Interesting....I did a little searching and did find several references to studies showing that natural peanut butter did reduce triglycerides. Awesome! Of course, that probably means to stay away from the peanut butter that's loaded with yucky fats and sugars...luckily I head towards the natural, organic version for my son anyway!

I also found this interesting article about triglyceride lowering foods....
http://www.myoptumhealth.com/portal/...e&clicked=true

specifically, it recommends....
Increase omega-3 fats in your diet. Eat fatty fish, such as salmon, sardines or light tuna at least twice a week. Also include walnuts, flaxseed oil, flax meal and dark leafy greens for vegetarian sources of omega-3. Other healthy fats include avocados, olive and canola oil, olives, nuts, seeds and natural peanut butter.

That sounds sensible to me.
lol I already eatall those foods and my triglycerides are still awful. But i have a VERY strange system...so don't go by me. lolol Gonna try to up my intake of pb... love natural pb... dip celery in it and I'm a happy camper.
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruthie14 For This Useful Post: