adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not diabetic but my 8 year old daughter is.....very sad. It was a fluke that we even found out. My grandfather who is a type II likes to test himself and anyone else. lol. So he tested himself one day when we were all over at his house. Everyone came back normal except for my youngest Sonya. The meter just said "high." He tried several times with the same result. He even went and bought a new meter thinking that his was broken. The new meter said the exact same thing so we looked in the booklet that came with the meter. It said that a reading of "high" meant that it was over 700. OMG! Was it possible? No, we thought, it's not. She had no other symptoms. Took her to the doctor who gave her a urine test....he sent her directly to the hospital thinking himself that it must be wrong because HIS test said almost 900!!!
Sure enough, her sugar was running between 700-900 and they couldn't get it down. She was in the hospital for almost two weeks while they worked at it. No luck. She is now on insulin and the little brave soul is diligent about counting carbs and taking her insulin. Type I, they estimate she has had it for over two years without us knowing!!!!!!!!!

It is an awful feeling as a parent to want to fix it and there isn't one. Diabetes is a nasty illness that can cause so many problems. Thank god hers was detected even by fluke before something truly awful happened!!
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post: