Old 05-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #37
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorable View Post
Sure enough, her sugar was running between 700-900 and they couldn't get it down. She was in the hospital for almost two weeks while they worked at it. No luck. She is now on insulin and the little brave soul is diligent about counting carbs and taking her insulin. Type I, they estimate she has had it for over two years without us knowing!!!!!!!!!

It is an awful feeling as a parent to want to fix it and there isn't one. Diabetes is a nasty illness that can cause so many problems. Thank god hers was detected even by fluke before something truly awful happened!!
((((( adorable )))))...as a parent I can't even imagine how frightening that must have been. And, thank goodness that your grandfather had a penchant for testing everyone. Type 1 is particularly heartbreaking...for children to have to deal with this illness at such a young age is so immense. Good for her on her carb counting and insulin...she is a brave girl. And I am thankful that it was caught early...two years is a long time, but it could have been so much worse. Thankfully she is doing well.