Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I don't know if the confirmation hearings will demonstrate much about Kagan as a jurist. This does go to the not wanting to[I] be borked[/I phenomenon. These hearings have become too politicized for any real substance to come through.

I just don't have much of a feeling for her at this time. Some of the progressive analysis I have viewed does make me wonder about her stance on presidential powers and the use of torture by the US. Concerning these, I always flash on Dick Cheny!

I was very jazzed about Sotomeyer even though I could not put her into a liberal/progressive stance really. Her record as a prosecutor was pretty moderate and even conservative. But, I had a sense of her as someone that stands up for things. Kagan feels wishy-washy to me.

Does anyone have an idea about her and same-sex marriage? Obama does not support it. But, I doubt if he would support a federal constitutional amendment stating that marriage can only be between a man and a woman. Any information about this would be appreciated.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote