View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 05:33 PM   #205
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

This isn't creepy, but I do think it's an interesting and plausible notion. No doubt we've all had at least one deja vu experience. I certainly have. That odd feeling of re-experiencing something, of knowing what's coming next, etc. A few years ago a neurobiologist on NPR was talking about the phenomenon and believes that when we have that feeling, we are in fact having the experience a second time, it's just a millisecond after the first time we've had it. Usually, both hemispheres of our brain experience something at exactly the same moment, but this doctor posits that it is sometimes the case that there can be an infinitesimal lag, call it a delay in the corpus callosum, such that the information/experience hits each side of the brain separately, hence twice. We recognize that we're having it again, but don't realize that it was from a mere split second ago.