cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

What an honor to be involved with this legend. The productions you've mentioned here are classic. I never had the privlege to see them in 'live' theater, but of course have seen the movie versions, and they are among my favorites. How lucky for you to be involved in theatre - it has always been a dream of mine to act - being the ham that I am, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryobi View Post
"Theodore Bikel has had a legendary career: He has played Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof more than 2,000 times over 37 years; he was the original Baron Von Trapp in the Broadway production of The Sound of Music; he has appeared in 35 films, including The African Queen and The Defiant Ones. “A performance by Theodore Bikel is a historic occasion in and of itself,” writes AV theater editor Anthony Chase."

Read more: http://artvoice.com/issues/v5n37/see...#ixzz0oCtDj2rs

It was a bitter sweet moment last night at the final curtain for Fiddler on the Roof. Mr. Bikel gave a short but sweet speech announcing his retirement from the roll of Tevye. (It was unclear if he retired from acting completely but, he IS 87 years old.)
I've had the pleasure of working with him twice, someone I will never forget. It was quite an honor for our local and our theater to close a legend.

Mr. Bikel, Enjoy the rest of your life journey. And by all means, have a good show.

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote