View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 04:31 AM   #353
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,096 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks MsTinkerbelly.

I had been taking the fast acting insulin before meals according to a scale depending on both my blood sugar and what I was going to eat. But it was just too much obviously.

I think I do need to be on something because since I stopped taking the insulin my numbers are on the higher side. Much safer than sugars of 37 so it's doable for riding out the weekend, but not where I'd want to be long term ideally.

I'm thinking of asking my nurse and doctor about a non insulin option when I speak to them. Both my parents are on bidureon sp? and doing quite well. My mother struggled a lot regulating her blood sugars with insulin as well.

I am trying to eat more often right now, and am doing the cheese and nut butters thing. Beans are a good idea to start adding to my meals.

I set my alarm to check my blood sugar at 5am just in case and it appears stopping the fast acting insulin took care of the overnight lows. I will wait until Monday and Tuesday for a solution.

Thanks for your response!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post: