View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 04:53 AM   #487
NavyButch
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sir, Captain

NavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft*Silver View Post
after the car accident I had with the semi that herniated my back, and created major soft tissue damage to the small of my back, I went belly up financially. I lost my good paying job, my expensive apartment, my fancy car, my morgan horse, etc.

I spent a few years living destitute. I barely had money for shelter, let alone food, lights, warmth. It was hardscrabble and I became mightily depressed. If not for my sister, I would have been homeless and that, my friends, is not an exaggeration.

One Christmas, someone on here, and forgive me for not remembering who, sent me a present, a lovely little make up box, that had a lid that lifts and closes, and locks. It was pink and see thru and it was filled with make up! I cried when I got it. It meant so much to me to have the trappings of being femme again, something I hadnt been able to afford.

well, I am back on my feet, and things look quite rosey in my world. I can afford it all now and while not making tons of money, I never do without again.

I use that precious make up box every day still, even tho its been years since it was given to me. And every day I remember that person's kindness. And wish them a wonderful day...

just wanted to share that today...

SoftSilver-

First, let me say you sound so very resilient and not only that- you sound like the type of person who would pay that kindness forward. You are a survivor. There are many of us in the world for sure. Second, I just wrote about this very type of kindness in the "instant turn-on" area- I find it highly, incredibly, and so very heartwarming when someone goes out of their way for another- even moreso when they might not even know the person's story. They do it without wanting recognition. They do it not only to brighten that person's world but also to make the world a better place at large.

I am glad you were able to survive your hard times- to come out of it "rosey" as you said. Thank you for sharing your story- it gave me my first heart smile of the day.
NavyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NavyButch For This Useful Post: