Old 06-08-2017, 07:21 AM   #325
StoicStone

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch..............
Preferred Pronoun?:
No preference...............
Relationship Status:
single...............

StoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
For me stone means constant so relating fluid to stone doesn't resonate with me at all, but to each their own.
To me it has always been a constant as well, but things seem different among the younger generations. I think they feel a need to define things in a way that is more specifically personal for the way they feel about their sexuality and gender identity. My generation was extremely naive in comparison. I don't think it ever occurred to us to explore the diversity of emotional gender, we just accepted (or rejected) the labels already in place without question.
Life used to be a box of chocolates, now it is a bag of skittles.

However, when I stated that things were more fluid I didn't really mean that stone is fluid, I just meant that gender ID and sexuality in general is more fluid than in the old days. Young people are far more informed about sexuality and feel comfortable exploring gender ID and redefining labels or creating new ones. In the old days we were far too busy trying to avoid being arrested for not wearing three articles of clothing associated with our biological gender. lol

I should also state that there is nothing wrong with just identifying as lesbian, nor is there anything wrong with not identifying s butch or femme. No one way of identifying is better or worse than another. I think what you feel you are is what you are and we should embrace and celebrate the diversity in the GLBT community.
StoicStone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to StoicStone For This Useful Post: