Old 07-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #624
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,894 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicStone View Post
I see. I understand that testosterone would allow someone to bulk up more muscle than a cisgender girl, however that muscle mass would have to build over time, so whether or not an actual advantage was to be had would be dependent on how long they had been on T, how much resistance training the youth did, how large the transgender youth was to begin with, etc.
My apologies for the error in term, as I said I am not super familiar with the subject in general, and am trying to understand.
As I said, I do agree that the youth should be competing with the other boys, I was just curious if the specific case actually involved an advantage to the degree that he title should be taken away. (I was not successful at gaining the information I felt was necessary to actually make a judgement call in this specific case)
Many cisgender girls use organic dietary supplements that allow them to gain larger muscle mass. I have heard of cases where their titles were challenged for unfair advantage, but no of none where someone's title was stripped. (This does not include steroid use, that is always a no, no and cause for disqualification from competition and removal of any titles gained)
Anyway, I am wondering if use of such dietary supplements should also be considered unfair and be banned.

My major concern is that people may try to exclude transgender youth from competition entirely (which would be completely wrong) instead of considering each case individually. The best and obvious solution is to allow transgender youth to compete with the appropriate biological gender (i.e. FtM with biological males, and MtF with biological girls)
Note: If my terminology is incorrect or offensive, please let me know as I have no desire to offend, just to gain understanding.
The trans boy wanted to wrestle on the boys' team and they would not allow him to.

I don't know how to explain the issue of strength any better than I have.

If you believe that a 17 year old boy has an advantage over a 17 year old girl, than this trans boy (who is taking testosterone), would have the same advantage.

I believe that those who have testosterone as the primary hormone flowing in their bodies (cis males, and trans males who are on testosterone), should compete against each other. I believe that people who do not have testosterone as their primary hormone (cis females, and trans female who are on testosterone blockers), should compete against each other. I believe that if a trans boy, who is NOT on testosterone wants to compete with the boys, that is his right. He is coming from a place of disadvantage, not advantage. I would have difficulty with a trans girl competing against cis girls if she was not taking a testosterone blocker. I believe that competition should start from a place of being on equal footing, not with one person having an advantage over another.

Supplements that supposedly increase testosterone do not work in cis women. They only work in men.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: