Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Dee, as far inland As You Are just a few miles east of you was riddled with Hurricane Hugo. Now that they are forecasting it to go west of us our biggest threat being on the east side of the storm is tree damage from the winds and the fact that we have already had a lot of rain this year. People here go just as crazy now over hurricanes as they do 3 flakes of snow in the winter. If you have driven to our mountains and our Coast you can almost Define the line between the Piedmont and the foothills and the Piedmont and the Sandhills. I grew up in South Carolina and when I got grown I swore when I bought a house it would not be on sand and there would not be a pine tree on the place. LOL that said those pine trees snap like a twig in these storms thus the reason you can't find any water and places are running out of gas. No power means no gas and no water unless your own city or county and they don't cut it off. I'm just thankful it moved and is not going straight over the top of us

Hey Blade,

i don't know exactly where you are but i know as glad as i am for us (Greenville county) i don't like being on the east coast of any storm. My house in New Orleans flooded once when a storm hit Galveston.

The wind is wicked here today, and its a strange reminder of whats coming for us or whomever.

i know that during the crazy wind that a storm brings are the tornadoes that come out of now where, snap a ton of trees and go back up.

Where i live we have some huge trees on two sides, and i am not going to like it.

i am going to gas up my car today, not sure why but its what you do, and i have provisions just in case. i don't expect to need any of it, but one jog to the east and we are in trouble.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: