Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,705 Times in 7,736 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
snipped conversation

For those of you that have permanent crafting areas in your homes, what advice can you offer about setting up a craft area? I would really appreciate any ideas for conserving space, multipurposing, storage, and whatever other pieces of wisdom you may care to impart.

Thanks in advance!
Proverbial silver lining behind Irma's wrath...

Georgia Ma'am...I purchased 4 of those silver shelving units (one can get black or silver...) for my craft area...is 5 shelves high and has a lip to prevent storage bins sliding off.

I bought some of the sterilite bins (shoe box size & bigger) for different crafty goodies....ie one has rubber stamps....one holds my alcohol inks...another has all my acrylic painst

I also have 4 different sizes of the stackable totes on wheels..each drawer slides in and out. I use the bigger drawers for my sheets of papers for crafting while another holds my glues, etc.

An idea is to look on CL for good, clean used storage items...usually found on arts & crafts section...will save a ton of monies....

I have 2 6ft tables I use for my craft area. I have a set of the plastic risers for beds I put under one of my tables legs on each corner...that allowed for me to roll the stacking/roller bins under one table & saved me space. Your sewing machine could be set up on one of these tables leaving another free for crafting. There are also 4 ft tables to be bought if 6Ft is too long!

Those rolling stackable units are great for sewing notions, threads, bobbins, bits n bobs...

Anyway, maybe some of these ideas will help you out. I am really tired tonight so unable to think any deeper...lol

You will LOVE this craft room