Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,664 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

2016 was a horror show for me and my family.

I spent the year bouncing in and out of the hospital before they figured out what was wrong. The required surgery ended up with everything that could go wrong going wrong.

My Mom fell a year ago today which started a very quick downward spiral that ended in her death in Dec.

My brother who had to take over her care giving when I got sick, ended up having a heart attack.

So we all hoped for a better 2017. Isnt happening.

What we thought would be my last related surgery was completed in Feb and all has gone well since then....except for a hernia which will be fixed on Monday. This should be a simple day surgery....I say with fingers crossed.

My cousins grandson who was born with a congenital anomaly died in June at the age of 7. He was a miracle child who shouldnt have lived more than a month after birth.

My brother and his partner finally decided to get married in May after 34 years together. It was the first gay wedding in their church and was remarkably well received.

Now, my new brother in law, who is almost 80, needs surgery for a growth in his lung. He is spry and healthy but it is still worrisome. Thankfully he has a brother who is an MD and a daughter who is a nurse practioner who are coordinating his care.

My brother, who tends to hold everything inside, seems to be doing okay at the moment. We are going to have to rally as a family to keep him upright thru all this.

Now, we are saying, as a family, maybe 2018 will be better.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: