Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,792 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
My biggest issue with eating vegetarian/vegan is I overeat carbs..... I’m obese to begin with so I don’t need to be pigging out on pasta, rice, etc. I’m trying to get myself psyched up to work a low carb version of a vegetarian plan.
The only time I really got derailed from eating low carb is bread! I really had sort of forgotten about it but my daughter brought homemade yeast dinner rolls to a family dinner several months ago and I thought "One should be OK".

Not.

I find that with either bread or sweets, it takes about a week of avoiding them to stop the craving.

There are tons of books and info online about low carb and keto diets. I don't do well with low fat diets because I am always hungry on them but I am never hungry on low carb.

It doesn't work for everyone and a vegetarian low carb is a little more difficult but I do know people doing both.

The low carb threat has some great vegetarian recipes.

Best of luck!

PS: Jessie! Miss you around here, especially on the low carb thread!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: