View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 01:41 AM   #4748
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,592 Times in 14,920 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I am feeling thoroughly decluttered.
I recently did a "30 days of declutter" challenge with my work crew and we've been comparing notes on everything we are getting rid of.

The challenge is to declutter for 30 days. On day 1, you get rid of 1 item. On day 2, you get rid of 2 items and so on. On day 30, you'll be getting rid of 30 items.
I think you end up getting rid of over 500 items from your home this way!

I thought it would be easy just getting rid of a few items but when you get to day 14 and 15, it starts getting a lot harder to find that many items. BUT it's a fantastic way to force yourself to clean out your closet, kitchen cabinets, and all the other hiding places you might never think about.

I ended this evening by getting rid of 30 items out of my bathrooms. Random cosmetics, body products that were too scented for me or that had been around too long, and I even cut a couple of towels loose that Bella had chewed when she was a puppy. All of my towels are less than 2 years old but I hate it when they get frayed or rough.

Definitely feeling lighter! This will make things much easier in a couple of months when it will be time to go through all this stuff one last time.
I LOVE this......great way to get rid of things
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: