Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
Way too much right now! Thinking about my spouse’s daughter and how hard this is going to get. My stepson and I are trying to plan ahead because you never know. We have to see if the doctor will even say it’s ok for her to fly, because she is in such poor health, we have to board all three dogs.... Then we have the never ending drama with the grandkids and their addictions. They don’t have custody of their babies, of course, so when my spouse wants to see her great grandkids we have to arrange it with their other grandmothers who have custody. A friend suggested I try going to Al Anon meetings ( not sure how to spell) and I’m going to look more into this. The stress is just too much. The other day when we got the news about her granddaughter my spouse nearly lost it. I had to pick her up off the floor because she fell down crying and screaming. These kids don’t realize how bad their drug/alcohol addictions are tearing the families apart.
I understand the frustration and pain but an addict wont change until they are truly ready. My suggestion as ive been on both sides, cut off said children till they get help. Go to as many al anon meetings you can and seek therapy. Good luck.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post: