Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
It's good to do research because you don't want to get a dog that doesn't fit your life. That wouldn't work for you or them and will just create an unhappy dog and human. I found a neat link that lists a lot things to consider about the Pyrenees, like they are hard to train, bark a LOT, have a thick, heavy coat, require a lot of exercise and drool quite a bit.

Great Pyrenees Dog Breed

Also, there's this article.

Something else to consider besides breed traits is the individual animal. I've had a miniature Irish Setter that didn't fit a lot of either of his mixed breed traits (Setter and Chihuahua) and a Shit Zhu that ticked the list nearly all the way down.

Have you considered a shelter dog?

To be thread compliant, my Loki is warming my spot on the sofa and Gracie is holding down the back of the sofa....oh, wait....she just moved. Not sure where but I'm sure they will both be in the kitchen in a minute when I go in to put down their kibble lunch.

Yep, that's where they are now. He's eating and she's delicately bathing.
Thank you Gemme.

I plan to nerrow down the list and then meet some dogs from those breeds. I have already met the Great Pyrenees at a coworkers house. They are a wonderful breed. I know that I want a medium to large dog. A lot of the breeds that interest me cannot take this heat. I will definitely go with a rescue pet. I always do and it has worked out well

Thank you for your help,
Chad
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post: