View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 07:16 PM   #77
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I’m definitely not yours.

Thanked 32,119 Times in 9,999 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Just an quick update tonight:

Today I had my cardiology appt, and had my pacemaker data read and downloaded. They also took my weight too, as the last time they saw me was last February, and I was over 300 pounds. I began my plant based diet, the first week of March.... based on my primary care physician's advice and the advice of the Registered Dietician and Nutritionist I had an consult appt with.

I have dropped over 50 pounds, nearly 60 pounds, since March of this year.

I am Vegan, not vegetarian. I purposely quit eating all types of meat and eggs and stopped consuming Dairy products and quit eating anything that is filled with Starch (potatoes, breads, rice or pasta).

But the reason I feel compelled tonight to share about my health status is that my work related accident impaired my mobility. Before my accident, I used to bicycle to work, daily, for an estimated 22 miles per day, and more miles on the weekend (for leisure).

I took issue with the Cardiology doctor's notes on my case today, because it's never been like me to consume too many calories or eat very much. I only eat what I feel led to eat, which is primarily small to medium sized portions at meal time. I have one main meal a day (Salad, usually around 5 pm). For breakfast, I have whole grain cereal (Quinoa or Steel Cut Oats, but only a cup of cereal is all I eat). For extra protein, I consume Think Thin bars (20 mg protein per bar, zero sugar) and I use my new found Burt's Bee's protein powder for an afternoon smoothie made with Berries, Coconut Milk and a packet of Stevia.

I push water intake, the most. I drink up to two gallons of water per day.

The body needs water to help medication work properly and to also help the body to utilize food sources properly. So drinking enough water is critical to my own success, as well as sticking to eating an Plant Based diet.

Next month, if my A1c level is lower than the reading I had this past July, then my primary care physician will discontinue the experimental Glipizide medication I've been taking since March 1st. I'm already NOT diabetic anymore, so I'm looking forward to saying "Good Bye" to Glipizide.

I was just telling a dear Femme friend, that if I drop another 50+ pounds by the time I see the Cardiologist next March (on the 1st), that I'm going to ask specifically for the cardiology doctor to amend his notes from today, because it's not calories that caused my weight gain. It was being immobilized by the work related accident, for nearly an year after it happened, that caused the weight gain.

Also, I think it's imperative to not let nay-sayer's have any room in your head when you choose to give up meat, dairy and starches. My mother and siblings have not been supportive of my choice to become an Vegan. IN their minds, they think I'm not getting enough protein. Well, I've got proof of my health status and blood samples that are collected every other month, that proves differently. I wish they could stop eating meats, dairy products and starches because my three Diabetic brothers refuse to do that, yet the insulin shots they need on an daily basis is not cutting it. My mother is working herself to death to cover their medical expenses. She's not happy either that I won't recant my Plant Based Diet position, even after I show her medical proof that saved my life and kept me from becoming diabetic.

So, to those of you out there that are thinking about eliminating meat, dairy and starches and all forms of sugar from your diet (including foods that convert to sugar in your bloodstream -- example, rice, pasta, bread, etc), then don't let them control your own health success. Saving your own life is vital, even if you get push-back and flack about it from people in your life.

Cheers,

K.

PS/ Remember, I was able to do this on the advice of my primary physician and an Registered Dietician and clinic Nutritionist. I am grateful to them for explaining to me how NOT eating meat, dairy products and starches could save my life and prevent me from becoming Diabetic.

Last edited by Kätzchen; 08-31-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: