Old 11-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #165
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaOctober1 View Post
I'm new here...

Hi

Two weeks ago, my partner of 12 years (who is 12 years younger) told me she wants to be single again. She's not cheating..loves me to death..but midlife has hit and she's in love with her motorcycle and new friends. I think I became Hir security and Momma; and now she's ready to spread Hir wings and fly into the sunset.

We're going to remain good friends, but in the mean time I have to move out of our house; relocate (we work together) to another facility and start a new life.

People are really angry with Hir. I'm not. I really understand this scenario. I was there once too. And, in all honesty, I worked too hard at the relationship. This will be a nice break. Don't get me wrong. I'm dying inside. I just can't do anything about this..so why not use my energy to move forward?

Any of you ever break up a long term relationship and maintain a close friendship with that person? People think we're totally nuts.
It can be done, with time and work from both people. I guess what would cause me confusion if I were close to either one of you is why is it YOU that is relocating and moving out? It's hir choice, so isn't the change she wants hirs to attain? Why must it be YOU who makes all the changes based on hir decision?

*shrug*

Maybe that's why some of your friends are angry with hir.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: