christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
I made that mistake with Trooper and my friend made that mistake with Deagan. BELIEVE me, they both took full advantage of us too! I caught on pretty quick with Troop because he got cocky, obnoxious, and willful, but it was a lot harder to figure it out with Deagan because he milked that "poor pitiful frightened abused baby" thing for all he was worth.

His soulful puppy eyes are killer, just killer; it's very nearly impossible to avoid giving him whatever he's angling for when he pulls them on you... and of course what he wants is to be the adored center of attention. He may not be left out of ANYTHING... which really limited her on things like going to the grocery store. I think she got it dealt with, but it would have been better if she could have avoided spoiling him to begin with.

Which is the very long way round to saying, stay strong and don't give in! You're doing the right thing.
Thanks, Bit, for the encouragement. I *know* that I am doing the right thing even though it really breaks my heart every time I have to drag her part way through the house to go potty.

It has gotten better each time - first time, I literally had to drag her all the way to the door, out it and part way into the yard. Last night, the drag was only a couple of feet.

The funniest thing is watching Max, the old lil guy, think that she is Samson. He and Samson had some dominance issues, even though they know who is really running the show, that we have had to work through. Max won't even LOOK at Jenny! And even though all the experts seem to say that dogs dont have the feelings and emotions we do, I don't buy it when Max refuses to even look at us when he is mad about another dog in the house. He is so haughty and its quite funny.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote