View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 01:55 AM   #62
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I’m definitely not yours.

Thanked 32,094 Times in 9,988 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Years ago, back in the late 1990s, I leased my own hair station in a gay friendly sector of my metro area. I shared a station with another practitioner; she worked four days, I worked the other three. It was on one of the days, where we both switched out on the same day (Wednesday) and she was running behind schedule and asked me if I would take on a last minute client of hers, who just happened to be in town. That client turned out to be Cindy Williams of Laverne & Shirley tv fame. She was a very interesting, down to earth person. She shared with all of us, in our close quarters salon that the one reason she loved coming to get her hair done at our salon was because it wasn't a well discovered place for other people of celebrity status to be found. I listened quietly while she conversed with our salon owner, whom she happened to know personally (they grew up together).

Those were the days, back then. I really enjoyed my time at that salon while sharing a station with another hair dresser. Every practitioner in our salon represented a sector across the LGBTQ spectrum. Fond memories I have of those years, spanning the 1990s.

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: